Official Status Update Incl. Table

Screeny

Hellollo :D
Here is an inofficial update:
current_english.JPG

Directly from the new openpandora.org website! (release: this weekend!)
Brought to you by PandoraToday

Nice, thanks.
10th-25th was a a bit later than I thought though :(. Still, good to see so much greened off.

By now I'm hoping for late October. Is there a slight possibility of that? :(

At least we've got a detailed roadmap. Thanks ED, I'm sure many people really appreciate this. :D It's nice to know that communications are not being totally put on hold.

Vorporeal said:
At least we've got a detailed roadmap. Thanks ED, I'm sure many people really appreciate this. :D It's nice to know that communications are not being totally put on hold.

Yah, and at least it's probably 1/2 months to 1 month till we actually see real pictures and videos of the production units. That will at least be reassuring to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not sure how this could be read as good news. No where does it say how long it will take to build the remaining pandoras. We are going to be in the end of october just to have all the parts made according to the table. Then they have to be shipped to china to be assembled (as far as I can tell thats whats happening). Then after assembly, they go back to Craig and ED for distribution. It seems like the earliest the 3895 orders will be filled is the end of november.

greendots said:
Im not sure how this could be read as good news. No where does it say how long it will take to build the remaining pandoras. We are going to be in the end of october just to have all the parts made according to the table. Then they have to be shipped to china to be assembled (as far as I can tell thats whats happening). Then after assembly, they go back to Craig and ED for distribution. It seems like the earliest the 3895 orders will be filled is the end of november.

They are being assembled in Texas, not China. And how did you get "end of october" from that table? Once the case mould is made hundreds (If not thousands) of cases can be created daily. It won't take hardly any time at all to create the 4000 cases, certainly not 1 whole month. The production run of 3895 boards and the keymats would be manufactured in parallel with that. Final assembly couldn't take very long either, and FCC testing needs only 1 production unit, not all 105.

Worst case scenario according to the chart would be FCC testing finishing around Oct 9th, marking the shipment of the first 105. Arriving on your doorstep around Oct. 14th or 15th.

Best case scenario would put FCC testing finishing around Sept 29th, with a landing date around Oct 6th or 7th.

Add in a 1 or maybe 1 1/2 week delay between the 105 and first round of the 3895, and there you have it. Mid to Late October, solid, no matter how you slice the pie.

For anyone that isn't in the UK, shipping will add alot of time. The units are being assembled in Texas, then they must be shipped to UK before being shipped out to a north american distributor.

So, figure on 3 months or more if you're not in the UK.

mindlord said:
greendots said:

They are being assembled in Texas, not China. And how did you get "end of october" from that table? Once the case mould is made hundreds (If not thousands) of cases can be created daily. It won't take hardly any time at all to create the 4000 cases, certainly not 1 whole month. The production run of 3895 boards and the keymats would be manufactured in parallel with that. Final assembly couldn't take very long either, and FCC testing needs only 1 production unit, not all 105.

Worst case scenario according to the chart would be FCC testing finishing around Oct 9th, marking the shipment of the first 105. Arriving on your doorstep around Oct. 14th or 15th.

Best case scenario would put FCC testing finishing around Sept 29th, with a landing date around Oct 6th or 7th.

Add in a 1 or maybe 1 1/2 week delay between the 105 and first round of the 3895, and there you have it. Mid to Late October, solid, no matter how you slice the pie.

Yes I did misread the "mass production of 3895 pandoras" as the boards themselves taking a month. Is there a source for them being assembled in texas? No matter what either the cases are shipped to TX or boards shipped to china. I guess I'm just getting cynical when things are taking longer then stated and no pictures of the boards nor cables.

I can understand a modicum of cynicism at this point. I myself have waned in enthusiasm, but not interest. I'm tired of waiting, but I must continue to do so. I've invested too much time and energy into the reading, watching, hoping, waiting. Stopping now would feel too much like defeat.

I'm really tired of the "Two more Months" crap at this point. It stopped being funny almost instantly.

Back