Official Wii Launch Details

cod3 is a good example, looks decent but its a total rubbish game :)
i would take cod1 over cod1/2 any day, and i would take super mario world over booth of theese, gfx is unimportant.

Klown posted on Sep 15 2006 at 02:46 PM said:
declaration posted on Sep 15 2006 at 02:42 PM said:
Too expensive for us compared to Japan and America. Britain getting ripped off again.
Remember kids! If the cosnole doesn't cost the exact same as if you converted it from $ IT IS A RIPOFF!

£180 is an extremely reasonable price. Please learn some very basic economic facts before spewing shit all over my screen.

PS: I'm so pre-ordering.
We can't blame Nintendo but it is fair to say Britain gets ripped off for almost every single product in the entire world. Ripped off is the correct term regardless of who does it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. I got an Xbox at launch for £399.99 which was completely ridiculous for a price (i didnt even ask for it my dad just gave me it) and then microsoft dropped the price within a few months. No matter what, in britain, we will always get ripped off for anything and everything. Thats the way its been for years now. Although £180 does seem alot considering the xbox360 core system is £200 its a good price and just think, u wont have to spend £50 on a game for the 360 (or possibly even more for PS3). in the long run, the Wii stands out as the best bet. ok, it wont have the same kind of graphics as PS3 and Xbox360 but if the games that come out are anything like the games on the ds, people will buy the Wii in their hundreds just like the ds.

I too got an Xbox on launch and was pissed off when the price went down Microsoft did try to make nice with all those early buyers with a pick of any 2 games and a extra controller.
Britain has got to be the worst place to live if your a gamer because the games companies are greedy bastards thats why they don't like us importing their stuff.
The Wii sports will be a good thing to have it's just to give you an idea what the Wii can do but it does look alright.
But i think we should be given a choice of the two different bundles our one which comes with Wii sports or the Japanese one which comes with a second controller.

lubidog posted on Sep 19 2006 at 12:11 PM said:
So if you or anyone else here in Germany here of a good reliable preorder shop, please let me know!

I preordered a Wii and Red Steel at EBGames in Bochum on the sixteenth.

Mosch posted on Sep 20 2006 at 03:45 AM said:
So if you or anyone else here in Germany here of a good reliable preorder shop, please let me know!

there are ebgames in germany :blink:

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 20 2006 at 05:36 PM said:

some in uk to until game bought them out.
heard game is going down because of gamestation now aswell

pantera6 posted on Sep 20 2006 at 07:06 PM said:

anyone heard of a chain of stores called 'chips' or 'chips world'? one just opened in dudley in the midlands and their prices are outrageous, a used copy of super dodgeball on gba 27.99 and transformers on ps2 was 32.99?! :blink:

pantera6 posted on Sep 20 2006 at 07:06 PM said:

We can only hope. Gamestation is so much better than game, and the people who work there actually know what they are doing.

ive heard of Chips/Chipworld CUPC4KES. Bloody expensive. It's alright if uwant retro games on megadrive or stuff but anything else is ridiculously over priced. Bought a US copy of Prime Hunters for ds in the Chips in edinburgh months before it was out here and it set me back £40. It had no price sticker on it so i was shocked when i went to the till to get it.

Ganepark32 posted on Sep 23 2006 at 07:30 PM said:
ive heard of Chips/Chipworld CUPC4KES. Bloody expensive. It's alright if uwant retro games on megadrive or stuff but anything else is ridiculously over priced. Bought a US copy of Prime Hunters for ds in the Chips in edinburgh months before it was out here and it set me back £40. It had no price sticker on it so i was shocked when i went to the till to get it.
Retro games is what the Gamestation retro section is for ;)

All the gamestations i've been too (about 4) have all had a poor selection of retro games. It seems to get smaller and smaller every year i tend to find more at Cex

Ganepark32 posted on Sep 24 2006 at 07:05 PM said:
Yeh but the retro section in the gamestations near me are poor so i go to chips sometimes.
Theres a gamestation about 10 miles away from me which has a hawicked retro section, it's just as big as its normal section. It be ruling.

@Mosch: There is EBgames in Germany? Where? I am pretty sure that there is none anywhere near Hannover.