Oh My God Please Help Me And Hurry!!!

RoboJoe32

Recently, after visiting ONE DAMN SITE to get my last driver I need for my reinstall, I got mass attacked by cashback adware (has a little dog for an icon) and had over 360 spyware pieces on my PC... And I did a fresh format and reinstall, and I have 5 DSO exploits that won't go away.... I need Help URGENTLY... How do I stop it!? (I have ad-aware 6.0 and spybot search and destroy, It's still not enough)

Well, it's not giving me any problems now, I've finally cleared out the results of a mass spyware attack, And I've got my basics back, Thanks everyone. :)

Ok, this isn't funny.....those DSO exploits won't go away and firewalls do nothing, and Every now and then I get a crippleing FLOOD of spyware and spam forced through... And I have a horrible suspicion those DSO exploits are to blame.......yet my anti-virus doesn't recognize them (Avast anti-virus 4) Spybot search and destroy can only identify them, not destroy them, and Spy sweeper and ad aware are only good for clearing away the other.

Download everything you need, including Windows updates and a firewall. Format, install and update without making an internet-connection. Don't use Internet Explorer, uninstall Windows Messenger (just use Firefox and Trillian or something similar) and turnoff Messenger service.

Add the 3 sites you really need to use IE for to your trusted sites and set the security settings in that zone high (nothing should be allowed to install/execute without asking first), in all other zones simply deny permission to do anything at all.

If your 'clean' system is infested with spyware you either installed crap yourself, you haven't updated Windows, Messenger is being abused or you have taken IE to the wrong place.

A lot of spyware is using random names so it's really hard to still identify and uninstall them. Use a 'safe' system instead.

DemonStar55 posted on Aug 5 2004 at 10:11 PM said:
Get spybot - shearch & destroy

it just killed some DSO exploits it found on my other comp that my sisters use
RoboJoe32 posted on Aug 5 2004 at 12:38 PM said:
Spybot search and destroy can only identify them, not destroy them, and Spy sweeper and ad aware are only good for clearing away the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
there are three little utilities (ony about 20k each) at www.grc.com that are great. One disbles the messanger service completely for you, one disblers the DCOM vulnerability in XP (how a lot of worms spread) and one disables Upnp. well worth running thm after every fresh install of XP.

Problem solved already (mods can delete this, lock it, LOL it, I don't mind)

Also, that's what I put on every fresh re-install, the utilities from merijin such as unplug and pray, Shoot the messenger, etc... Quite awesome little utilites really, a shame assembler isn't used in place of C in bloated commercial programs.

That's why I use Opera and block all cookies expect the one's I really need (forum, some site preferences).

Back