Old Frodo Versions

coevin

HI i havent had my GP32 long but im loving it especially frodo. Now im loving this emu but i read somewhere on this board that the older version rums t files and also the sounds doesnt pop. If this is true could someone please inform me where i can find the old version as i have the latest. Also is this still being updated.
Thanks in advance
coe

on the subject of this emulator i need someone to program a + key into the vertual keybord when the L button is pressed as it doesent have one , i think there source code is available , can anyone do it?.....

Steve

HI i havent had my GP32 long but im loving it especially frodo. Now im loving this emu but i read somewhere on this board that the older version rums t files and also the sounds doesnt pop. If this is true could someone please inform me where i can find the old version as i have the latest. Also is this still being updated.
Thanks in advance
coe

I think the one you are looking for is beta 9. Everything after that has pops in the sound. Unfortunately beta 9 has no saves, but the sound is better for ssome reason. This is the one that I use as I don't like the stuttering sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe give snaff an email, he usually responds and he still updates frodo from time to time. This is something I've found in the past, not all the C64 keyboard is remappable

on the subject of this emulator i need someone to program a + key into the vertual keybord when the L button is pressed as it doesent have one , i think there source code is available , can anyone do it?.....

Steve

cippy.fxe ... it's a version of frodo with a llamasoft ROM embedded. during the 'savestate bug' period, i think, but it's the only version of frodo that runs ancipital... haven't tried it on other previously buggy ROMS, but other normal ROMS *are* playable...

it was on the YakYak forums (llamasoft) here... search for 'cippy.fxe'

i'm gonna PM evildragon about putting it on the file archive... probably snaff wouldn't mind so much, as long as it had a link to the ROM author's website...

it was on the YakYak forums (llamasoft) here... search for 'cippy.fxe'

i'm gonna PM evildragon about putting it on the file archive... probably snaff wouldn't mind so much, as long as it had a link to the ROM author's website...
Can't connect either... but i really want it !!
Could you somehow put it online ?? .. or email it, please

it was on the YakYak forums (llamasoft) here...  search for 'cippy.fxe'

i'm gonna PM evildragon about putting it on the file archive...  probably snaff wouldn't mind so much, as long as it had a link to the ROM author's website...

Hmm, I can´t connect to that place...... is it down?

oops! updated link (it's .ORG not .COM *blush*)

I've PM'd evildragon... it'll be on the file archive soon hopefully.

Yeah the name will come from the original emulator, so I guess you'd have to ask the original author about it, it can't really fail to be some sort of Lord of the Rings homage can it?

®

Back