Old Pandora sales site still active?

"active" but you can't actually order anything from it. How did you come across it? It would probably be very difficult to find on accident.

I was actually looking for Pandora battery charging recalibration information on Bing and noticed it.  I thought it was odd that it had an icontrolpad URL.  Out of curiosity I was able to get all the way to the Paypal part of making an order.  I did not go any further as I did not want to actually make a purchase!

Shouldn't this site be taken down or at least re-direct to the actual website?

"active" but you can't actually order anything from it. How did you come across it? It would probably be very difficult to find on accident.
It's easily googled.. 

Google icontrolpad gbax pandora private it'll come up third result

Last edited by a moderator:
"Buy the pandora"

...quite a strong search term I'd imagine for people looking for this on hearsay, and used as that pages title.

Searching that this page comes 3rd place on Google.

Page 3 on Bing.

http://us.searchboth.net/Web/BUY+THE+PANDORA/dll/google+bing/

343oj2o.png

Probably would be a good idea to have that forward to the new/main website.

Especially as that info there is dated and only mentions the older spec version.

Well, you will be redirected to paypal and you can pay there. You wont be getting any pandoras from craig anytime soon though. Order from dragonbox instead. If you order from ED what you order is what you pay for and also what you get.

Funny that an outdated/non-working page ends up so high in search results ... might as well use it to direct more traffic to the correct order page. ;)

Well, you will be redirected to paypal and you can pay there. You wont be getting any pandoras from craig anytime soon though. Order from dragonbox instead. If you order from ED what you order is what you pay for and also what you get.
I am only speculating and do not intend to make any accusations but the concern with the presence of this site is that it could be contributing to Craig's seemingly endless pre-order queue that ED is clearing.  If anyone is indeed placing orders on this site not only would Craig be getting this money but it would not even be used to pay for the Pandora that was ordered.  The profits from ED's shop would pay for it!

I wonder if its worth bringing this up with Craig? I believe it is trivial to make a webpage redirect to a specified URL.

I am only speculating and do not intend to make any accusations but the concern with the presence of this site is that it could be contributing to Craig's seemingly endless pre-order queue that ED is clearing.  If anyone is indeed placing orders on this site not only would Craig be getting this money but it would not even be used to pay for the Pandora that was ordered.  The profits from ED's shop would pay for it!
Funny...I had that initial (horrifying) thought too, when I saw FZERO's post (#6).  More than a few conspiracy theorists around here were trying to figure out why Craig was so reluctant to release a complete list of the remaining preorderers to ED.  Then there's this - if you proceed to that link and go to the ordering page (right before going to "checkout"), You see the new 1GHz banner at the top...so the ordering page was updated at some point after the newest model was in production.  What does this all mean?  I'm not sure...now I'm not suggesting that there is some sort of inpropriety here, but at first glance this doesn't look good...(okay, I'll just shut up now and keep my theories to myself)...   :wacko:  

At least with ED getting the final tallies from the survey, he won't be on the hook for anymore future sales from Craig anyway.  Soooo....maybe this is all much to do about nothing.  Onwards and upwards is what I say.  I need a drink...

Craig took some initial preorders of GHz Pandoras, so this might be the leftovers of that.

Back