Oldplay V1.20

PokeParadox
Yes but i want to know what formats the feature request specifies. As in, what songs should i make mono.
I mean, alot of the supported module formats aren't even from the Amiga.

xdreamer said:
Great update on the player with all the new formats and such! Still my favorite GP2X software to date.

What seems to be an issue, however, is that half of the time when I use v1.20 the music is played fast & a few pitches too high... this has been true for mp3, xm, s3m and mod... so I am guessing it has something to do with it's actual output, since mp3 is a flat sound file and the others are tracked formats... but the player speeds both of them up.

Of the 15 times I've started the program on my 2x (2.1.1 firmware) it has only played at normal speed 3 out of 15.
Yes this is a known bug. Occasionally SDL just gives me the wrong samplerate (still claiming it gives me the correct one)
Usually 48 kHz instead of 44.1 kHz, so it affects all formats the same. I reopen the audio everytime i have to change samplerate (and when oldplay starts).
Sometimes the interrupts aren't working at all as well. When that happens the whole GP2X locks up (even when i run it through gdb).

Since i haven't heared that many complaints about this, and it happens to me maybe once every 15 times, so i thought it was just something wrong with my unit.

But if it happens that often for you i'll try to look into it again (maybe ripping out SDL_Audio completely).

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why you're the man. Thanks for all you have done on this project. It's the best!

Micket said:
Yes but i want to know what formats the feature request specifies. As in, what songs should i make mono.
I mean, alot of the supported module formats aren't even from the Amiga.

I'd be quite happy with just .MOD, and don't even know any other original Amiga format. Can't remember which was first, Soundtracker or Noisetracker, but then came Protracker. Sorry for assuming that .MOD is of course the one and only real module :)

And while you're at it, fetch some classic 4-channel masterworks by Mortimer Twang and hear for yourself. And while i remember: Since all those mods at the AMP database are named like on the Amiga ('mod.name', not 'name.mod'), it would be most perfect if Oldplay could somehow support that.

Thanks again! And kudos for the AAC-bug-thingie.

Hehe, found a historical document, 20 friggin years!: http://www.exotica.org.uk/info/trackerhist...History1.05.txt

Last edited by a moderator:
Oldplay already supports prefixes, it's just that the UADE plugin has lots and lots of bugs and most formats aren't working. When named file.mod then libmodplug is used instead (which is pretty good)
UADE is huge and very very hard to use, so i haven't touched it since i took over the project.

Anyway, i've also changed to mono for MOD. (when modplug handles the files, that is, when they are named name.mod)

Back