Onee-sama Tasukete!

Eniko

Raving Python fangirl
Website
purplepirates.darksiren.net
There used to be a post here, but I figured it'd be best to consolidate all relevant project information in the first post for people new to the project.

Onee-sama Tasukete! is the riveting tale of a kendo student, her rival, the kidnapping of her little sister, and an ancestral curse! It's a 2D run and jump hack and slash, partially inspired by a lot of things, including but not limited to: the Metal Slug games, Bayonetta, Paul Robertson, Mega Man and Mystical Ninja. The aim is to make a silly, fun and frantic side scrolling fighting game that has a look and feel that's cute, over the top, epic and entertaining.

Here's some assorted artwork showcased in the rest of the thread:
oneesama%20tasukete.gif

oneesama.gif

oneeslash2b.gif
mine_is_an_evil_laugh.gif

onee-walk.gif

oneemockup2.gif

oneessj2.gif

Original post said:
Yes, I know I should be working on my MMO. But it's the weekend, I get to do relaxing stuff on the weekend. So today I had the weirdest thought for a fun little game and I started working on a mockup. It's not done yet, but here it is anyway. I'm probably gonna make it into a real little game over weekends, so long as it stays fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I figured the swords would make that self explanatory. Basically it's gonna be a side scrolling beat 'em up type game in the vein of Double Dragon or Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006.

'Eniko' said:
Oh I figured the swords would make that self explanatory. Basically it's gonna be a side scrolling beat 'em up type game in the vein of Double Dragon or Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006.
shweet!

..wait, is that actually a girl who is out to save her boyfriend/brother/weaker male dependent?

'darkblu' said:
'Eniko' said:
shweet!

..wait, is that actually a girl who is out to save her boyfriend/brother/weaker male dependent?

Hahaha, that reminds me of Sega's "my hero". Please consider this idea eniko... it'd be like a feminist version... gender mainstream ^^.

Plus you could call it my heroine then. How punk is that? :D

I like.

Looking at the "!" speech bubble got me thinking that you could do all the game dialogue like this, but instead of sticking with with regular punctuation, introduce increasingly bizarre symbols as the game progresses (pi, theta, Prince love symbol, PanAm logo).

what is wrong with chosing male/female character at the begining of the game ... you would just be switching the sprites out...

'cb88' said:
what is wrong with chosing male/female character at the begining of the game ... you would just be switching the sprites out...
Do you know how much effort it would take to fit a story around a character being either gender?
About this much effort. It's, uh, it's about a shotglass' worth.

Good thinking. Pokemon already did it, no excuse for other people to ignore it.

'cb88' said:
because its called onee-sama tasukete, not onii-sama tasukete

'Gruso' said:
Ha. Good point.

Surely people aren't uncomfortable playing a female character..?
not if shes well endowed, but hell, i think the same thing about my male characters

The girl being saved is in fact a girl. And the protagonist is in fact, also a girl. And so is the antagonist! But it's okay, the minions are still guys.

Seriously, if playing a female character bugs anyone that much there's about a zillion games out there that are the other way around. >_>

'Gruso' said:
Women have been playing male characters for ages, it's no big deal.

Yeah I'm cool with it. I'm baffled that some people wouldn't be.

Personally I hope that the male minion characters are really stupid, and stumble around running into each other.

'PoisonedV' said:
'Gruso' said:
Ha. Good point.

not if shes well endowed, but hell, i think the same thing about my male characters
P5, can't help noticing you've done a lot less trolling lately. Something good happened to you?!

Back