Open GL ES 2 open source apps - where are they?

Hi sebt3!

Yes, DP is next on my list of games to test. I hope I'm a bit nearer now to getting Q3 GLES running as I have the Maemo port compiling on my Pandaboard as well as its dev (Intel and ex-Nokia dev) helping me out so hopefully I'll have Q3 GLES running soon. I've not tried running any Openpandora binaries on my Panda like you linked to just yet - I suspect text only apps may work if compiled for the same arch but I'm on armhf here and Pandora is armel but at least the DP dev (Lord Havoc) has tipped me off on how to compile it for GLES2 in this Phoronix thread:

http://phoronix.com/...S-on-Pandaboard

The other big discovery for me since I last posted here was that Pickle has ported Hurrican to SDL/OGLES! I've got it compiling on Pandaboard but there is a prob with the graphics which means I can't actually see the game yet:

http://phoronix.com/...rrican-SDL-Port

Finally, mcobit has kindly uploaded the source to his rRootage OGLES port. I've had a quick look at compiling it but:

1 - It links against -lGLUES_CM and I don't think I have such a lib here. I don't suppose regular -lGLU would work would it?

2 - Not sure if I should leave -DPANDORA in the CFLAGS

3 - -mwindows - do I need this too? I'm compiling rRootage natively on my Pandaboard and not under ming / crosscompile

4 - What do I do about -L/mnt/utmp/rrootage/lib and -I/mnt/utmp/rrootage/include

Thanks mcobit!

I don't want to derail this thread, but I'll answer what I can here:

1/4) gluescm is a lib provided in the pnd. The pnd has the appropriate lib and includefolder in it. You can grab the libs from there. They might just work on the pandaboard, too. The include and libdir that is defined in the makefile is just where the libs are found. You can change that to where you copy the libs and includes from the pnd.

Pnds can be extracted with unsquashfs or latest 7zip beta.

2.) I use -DPANDORA for pandoraspecific stuff like controlchanges etc. So you might want to remove that. -DHAVE_GLES is for the gles conversion parts and should be kept.

3.) I have no clue why it is still active in the makefile. You shouldn't need it.

Hope is helps.

Yes, DP is next on my list of games to test. I hope I'm a bit nearer now to getting Q3 GLES running as I have the Maemo port compiling on my Pandaboard as well as its dev (Intel and ex-Nokia dev) helping me out so hopefully I'll have Q3 GLES running soon. I've not tried running any Openpandora binaries on my Panda like you linked to just yet - I suspect text only apps may work if compiled for the same arch but I'm on armhf here and Pandora is armel
So you're using HardFloat binaries with (I guess) hardfloat gles drivers, tellme more about that. Indeed my binary wont work (softfloat) in that case. But building darkplaces should be easy, with the lastest svn tree and part of my patch (I guess you wont need eglport.?) it should be at few export and a make sdl-release from you.

mcobit:

You're not derailing in the slightest - you can't be more on topic for this thread if you tried! :)

As I think I've already mentioned in this thread, I won't be able to use any pandora libs under Ubuntu 12.04 because its armhf - maybe under a armel distro I could use the GLUES_CM lib from in the rrootage.pnd but as for now my attempts at compiling rrootage have stalled because I can't find the source to libGLUES and this lib is missing from both the Ubuntu and TI OMAP PPAs.

sebt3:

I'm going to try compiling DP GLES later today and I'll be posting my results in the phoronix gaming forum.

Thanks mcobit!

I've checked out that svn but it only seems to support QNX and wince so I tried to get the QNX source to compile but I just get:

Code:
~/src/glues-read-only/glues/qnx$ make

Makefile:2: recurse.mk: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target `recurse.mk'. Stop.

Its a mystery to me as I've never downloaded anything that supports QNX but not Linux too and my searches haven't brought up any answers yet.

Did you have to compile GLUES yourself? If not we need to find out who compiled the Pandora GLUES lib so we can find out what source they used and where they got it from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mcobit, but it looks like my best bet at getting GLUES is compiling this:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/Cpasjuste/GLU.git

Which I've had a quick go at already but I'll need to at least install SDL1.3 (SDL2 more likely) before I can compile that then I'll need to update the GLUES code to build against SDL2 most likely.

Why would you need sdl1.3 for that lib?

I think you won't need sdl for the lib at all, just for the tests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back