Open Office? Azerty?

Chip said:
I'm assuming that the individual keys will be separated from the flash and float in the key holes. If this is the case, it is a simple matter to take the keys out and arrange them as you like.
I doubt they'll cut all those tiny keys out individually. Most (all?) of things I've seen with this kind of keyboard have one big "sheet" with all the keys on. It'd be a nightmare to assemble the thing if they were all separate and there's the chance of them being installed incorrectly. That said, there's nothing stopping folk from cutting keys out themselves if they want to reposition them. Only thing I'd worry about is that there's not much to hold an individual key in, so they could pop out quite easily if you're not careful.

Chip said:
You will have to change the system's character mapping as well, though I personally have no idea how to do it in Linux.
I should think xmodmap or similar would be enough for that.

Changing a keyboard layout is actually not convenient, but it is doable if you have the patience to study the layout files. I've helped someone do it before, and it's just a big list like this:

Code:
UniqueKeyCode: KeyNoMod KeyMod1 KeyMod2 Key Mod3...

And so on. It isn't exactly like that, but you get the general idea. ;)

Back