OpenPandora 2 Donation Fund

I dont saw an active Donation Thing on the Topsite of the Forum more...

...ist that still needed?

Maybe it help when ED start another Donation Project Like the others,then can we see

how it will Fill more from Time to time ;)

There stand that the Goal is reached :rolleyes:

Hey ED plz start another one where we can see how many is neede for the next Step :)

That should be inpsire more People to Donate :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, ED already said that if he ever makes a pandora successor, it wouldn't be named "pandora" to avoid bad advertising (you know, the pre-orders that are still not completely shipped as of now, etc.).

So it won't be an openpandora2, but something else.  ;)

Well, ED already said that if he ever makes a pandora successor, it wouldn't be named "pandora" to avoid bad advertising (you know, the pre-orders that are still not completely shipped as of now, etc.).

Yeah whatever it would be called, I think it would be a good idea to make a prototype now and hence good to start asking for donations.  I trust Ed with all my heart  :D

Oh i thought so,

i thought this thread is the Second Thread for Openpandora Donations.

Missunderstanded the "Openpandora 2 "(thought second)

(sorry my bad english again) :rolleyes:

But i think its realy Time for ED to make a new Preorder Donation Thing on the First Forum Site ;)

Oh i thought so,

But i think its realy Time for ED to make a new Preorder Donation Thing on the First Forum Site ;)
I thought the Preorder Donation Thing has reached its goal.  I saw green meter :D

I think ED said he will create a successor (if he realy is doing it) from the profits from the sold Pandoras.

Oh i thought so,

I thought the Preorder Donation Thing has reached its goal.  I saw green meter :D
It reached the goal but we are waiting for the screen situation to be resolved  - you  should  still donate if you want to help since that goal is to support another 10 to ship.

Understood.  But what's wrong with setting up Pandora 2 donation fund?  It's not like you force people to give money.   Who wanna give give.  Who doesn't wanna give don't give.  But you'd never know how many people would donate to "Pandora 2" donation fund until you set it up.  I'll be the first  :D

Yes Pandora 2 would be nice,maybe another Name for that Project,

but let us first finish the first Pandora Project :)

I wish a Mobile Phone in next Version,maybe with a Switch for Android and XFCE :)

I think ED said he will create a successor (if he realy is doing it) from the profits from the sold Pandoras.
Hmmm... From a tranparency perspective, I would want to see the Pandora 2 fund should be separate from the profits of P1.  It's two different things.  P1 has bad Craig involved.  P2 is only ED.

Pretty sure that a P2 donation fund would be jumping the gun a little at this stage.

Let's look at this sort of thing if / when there are definite plans for a P2 & there is a definite desire / need for a donation fund from those producing / funding P2.

Pretty sure that a P2 donation fund would be jumping the gun a little at this stage.

Let's look at this sort of thing if / when there are definite plans for a P2 & there is a definite desire / need for a donation fund from those producing / funding P2.
I think  more donation goals are also counter productive at this stage too - We had an additional donation goal and barely anyone contributed to it - that money might have been better applied to the general donation pot...

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "PandoraGeneral Talk" to "PandoraPandora 2 spam".

Edit: moved to the p2 SPAM section where this belongs.
It's no SPAM!  :D   Reading around the forum, I see loads of people are interested in P2.  Like I said "But what's wrong with setting up Pandora 2 donation fund?  It's not like you force people to give money.   Who wanna give give.  Who doesn't wanna give don't give.  But you'd never know how many people would donate to "Pandora 2" donation fund until you set it up.  I'll be the first   :D"

This is were all Pandora 2 discussion is placed to not clutter the regular Pandora threads.

When there is a development fund for the Pandora 2, which would help to test more wifi modules, write better drivers and make the Android / Angstrom (or Debian) dualboot better to work, I think a lot of people would donate to this fund for a better Pandora 2 (Dragonfly or Dragonscale).

^ The current Pandora had a Development fund too.. As you can see it didn't make miracles happen... Big companies have massive teams of highly paid professionals working out issues and putting polish in their OS, we have volunteers that do that work for fun in their limited free time.

Back