OpenPandora - Crap Game Competition 2013

I might have to try out some of this utter crap on my pandora.

Can someone make an evil platformer. Bugs where you fall through platforms. Random unpredictable deaths and patethically jerky animation. And an umbrella. Dumb fella and his super umbrella...
Hey! What's wrong with an umbrella? (Rainy Day demo)

PS: No promises as per usual these days but I'll try and put some crap together... it will be an utter crap shoot just for you guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone tried my game yet (I will do a pnd eventually, but  I'm still working out how to do PXML)?
Yes. (The image below might contain a spoiler or a bug or both. Can't be sure since it's a crap game competition after all.)

http://postimg.org/image/8enb6vswn/

So are you supposed to hit the ducks or avoid them? I'd guess the latter based on the title   but I'm not even sure if I understood the title because my English sucks. (edit: Maybe I should have looked it up from a dictionary before posting. After doing that I'm quite sure it is the latter.)

I hope that my next release for compo will not be banned in repo and here on boards :) .

Intro for the game will be uhm.. You never seen this kind of backstory with these kind of heroes and villans..

I might have to try out some of this utter crap on my pandora.

Can someone make an evil platformer. Bugs where you fall through platforms. Random unpredictable deaths and patethically jerky animation. And an umbrella. Dumb fella and his super umbrella...
I'd actually been thinking of already making a sequel to my previous game that might meet most of the criteria in this post.

I might be too lazy to do any kind of animation though. Will jerky movement do?

But Santa doesn't use an umbrella (at least not in my game).

Maybe I'll do it if I get bored.

Awesome Ninja - Still in WIP Version [Only intro works.. i hope you'll like it..]

Working and playable version should be released in this month..

[dont run this pnd if you're under 18.., this is not 'your average openpandora game'. This is a game for CRAP GAME COMPO, so expect the unexpected.. ]

01.png

awesome_ninja.pnd

Attachments

• awesome_ninja.pnd
    15 MB · Views: 258
better than viking woman.  this ninja will make you cry :lol: she can cut me into pieces for all i care :lol:

I work at a game idea prototype (!) right now. So I will use this crap competition to show you my idea and get some inputs for when I make a real project out of the prototype someday. After I finished aaaall my other projects. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy9U-qdkrsw

I don't think, that you will see the point of the game right now. But maybe you see, that the gravitation is totally defined by the environment and that you even can jump between two gravitation objects.

More videos with more details about the meaning of this game will follow. :)

Anyone tried my game yet (I will do a pnd eventually, but  I'm still working out how to do PXML)?
Yes. (The image below might contain a spoiler or a bug or both. Can't be sure since it's a crap game competition after all.)

So are you supposed to hit the ducks or avoid them? I'd guess the latter based on the title   but I'm not even sure if I understood the title because my English sucks. (edit: Maybe I should have looked it up from a dictionary before posting. After doing that I'm quite sure it is the latter.)
Its a bug.

What were you doing when that happened?

You are supposed to avoid the ducks, and get a higher score for doing so.

Tried making a pnd:

=======================================================================================

PND             : /media/pandora-data/dev/boats/mindtheduckies.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/pandora-data/pandora/appdata/mindtheduckies
APPDD_FSTYPE    : ext2
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : mindtheduckies.py
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
mkdir: cannot create directory `/media/pandora-data/pandora/appdata': Input/output error
WARNING The PND is already mounted, using it
+++++++
Loopback devices :
/dev/loop1: [b30a]:1079235 (/media/pandora-data/dev/boats/mindtheduckies.pnd)
/dev/loop3: [b301]:574258 (/media/pandora-apps/pandora/apps/xchat.pnd)
Are mounted on :
/dev/loop3 on /mnt/utmp/xchat type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop1 on /mnt/utmp/mindtheduckies type squashfs (ro,relatime)
For these Union :
none on /mnt/utmp/xchat type aufs (rw,relatime,si=d9f3256a)
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/pandora-data/pandora/appdata/mindtheduckies=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/mindtheduckies=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/mindtheduckies"
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on none,
       missing codepage or helper program, or other error
       (for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
       need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
       In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
       dmesg | tail  or so

WARNING : mount faild, re-tring
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on none,
       missing codepage or helper program, or other error
       (for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
       need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
       In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
       dmesg | tail  or so

ERROR: The Union File-system is not mounted !
+++++++
Loopback devices :
Are mounted on :
For these Union :
ERROR: The Union File-system is not mounted !
+++++++
Loopback devices :
Are mounted on :
For these Union :
[ FAILED]--- Mount the PND ----------
Return code is : 9

I made it with the following commands

Code:
anthracite:/media/pandora-data/dev/boats/1$ mksquashfs . ../mindtheduckies.sfs

anthracite:/media/pandora-data/dev/boats/1$ cat ../mindtheduckies.sfs  PXML.xml mindtheduckies.png > ../mindtheduckies.pnd
anthracite:/media/pandora-data/dev/boats/1$ pnd_run ../mindtheduckies.pnd

Its a bug.

What were you doing when that happened?

You are supposed to avoid the ducks, and get a higher score for doing so.
Nothing special really. Moving left and right, hitting the ducks, maybe hitting the shores a few times. (This probably won't help much.)

After a little while the background image (the one with the green shores) just stops moving. A bit later it might start moving again either downwards (as it probably should) or upwards. Then it will stop again and start moving again and so on. What you see in that image is what happens when it's moved upwards.

Somehow, you managed to get a negative score (which I'm quite impressed by), thus causing your speed to be negative and the riverbanks to go backwards.

I have now fixed this, and it should be impossible in all future releases (should, he says, should, hahaha)

Back