OpenPandora - Crap Game Competition 2013

New version with some more features like a targeting help line, more colorful levels and some worms like borders.

Furthermore I improved the controls. You can now adjust the shoot energy without the need to hold the button pressed. Just have a look in the help for the new controls!

Would be nice, if someone could give my the produced log.txt!

Here is the new version:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=hase_prototype-hase_prototype-12345

Here is a new video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9p_uSAaavpY?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't find a file called log.txt. Do you mean /tmp/pndrun_hase_prototype.out? Here's that one anyway?
Yeah. I am confused. Thanks. :D
Wow, ~35 ms for redrawing the level around the explosion hole and recalculating the gravitation is quite fast! My gp2x needs 10x more time. :D

Streak - is it OK if I upload the pnd you made for me on my repo account.?

Anyone else: Does it work? It won't start for me, but then the pnd I mad myself failed too - it might just be my setup that's broken.

works great, very fun for a crap game, gravity and physics based stuff is always fun!

Streak - is it OK if I upload the pnd you made for me on my repo account.?

Anyone else: Does it work? It won't start for me, but then the pnd I mad myself failed too - it might just be my setup that's broken.
Yeah, no problem. Please upload it to repo. 

btw, Mind The Duckies PND  works for me.. 

works great, very fun for a crap game, gravity and physics based stuff is always fun!
But the whole point of a crap game competition is to make a game that isn't fun and is actually, you know, crap! :p
Atm the whole meaning of the game is to destroy everything around you until everything is destroyed and you are floating in space shooting to nowhere...
Says a lot about humankind, that THIS seems to make fun. :p

But the whole point of a crap game competition is to make a game that isn't fun and is actually, you know, crap! :p
This game is very crappy : you can't rocket-jump ! <_<

Joking aside : this seems really great. The orbital shoot on the last video made my day ! :rolleyes:

What happens when you have destroyed the whole planet ? Maybe at the moment of an explosion, you could implement some debris which are affected by gravity and accretion ?

I'm already imagining a multiplayer game where you hunt other rabbits with orbital shoots and where you can rocket-jump or bounce on debris which are being  created by explosions ! :wub:

This game is very crappy : you can't rocket-jump ! <_<
Of course not. You are a bunny! Did you EVER see a bunny doing rocket jumps? :p
Joking aside : this seems really great. The orbital shoot on the last video made my day ! :rolleyes:
What happens when you have destroyed the whole planet ? Maybe at the moment of an explosion, you could implement some debris which are affected by gravity and accretion ?
No, I can't. For three reasons:

• It is still a worms clone. Would make much fun, if you would have debris. "Oh yeah, I shoot my way free! Oh no, the debris just fills the hole... -_-"
  • All objects, which have gravitation are static, otherwise it would be too slow. So debris would have no gravitation, which sucks
  • It is easier to implement without debris. :p
To answer your question: If you destroy everything or are too far away from an object you just float in space. LOST!
I'm already imagining a multiplayer game where you hunt other rabbits with orbital shoots and where you can rocket-jump or bounce on debris which are being  created by explosions ! :wub:
Hehe. Have fun writing it! My game will neither have debris nor rocket jumps. :p It will just be Worms. In Space. With gravitation. ;) (However mutliplayer is a goal)

Will the repo now be spammed with "crap games"? Please no. Or better, how about an dedicated crap game section/tag for the repo?
It will. The goal is to have more applications than Android in the repository at the end of the year.

Will the repo now be spammed with "crap games"? Please no. Or better, how about an dedicated crap game section/tag for the repo?

Well, well.. we decided to push some more crap into repo, just to make it smell a little more funny..

Poo.png

Btw., commander-beef, your list of games in the first topic post is not up2date. ;)

You didn't add me yet and I think B-ZaR wanted to make something, too. ;)

New version; same old crappiness:

mindtheduckies.zip

Note to streak : Although this version contains oddments like a run script and PXML file etc, they are incomplete and don't work - I would be much obliged if you could generate an updated pnd from this :)

It include new features like:

• The ability to pause (p)
  • Pretty stars that represent your score
  • Ghost mode (g) you are invisible, unable to hit ducks and your score rapidly decreases.
  • Alternative way to quit (q)

Attachments

• mindtheduckies.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 260
Btw., commander-beef, your list of games in the first topic post is not up2date. ;)

You didn't add me yet and I think B-ZaR wanted to make something, too. ;)
Done..

New version; same old crappiness:

attachicon.gif
mindtheduckies.zip

Note to streak : Although this version contains oddments like a run script and PXML file etc, they are incomplete and don't work - I would be much obliged if you could generate an updated pnd from this :)

It include new features like:

• The ability to pause (p)
  • Pretty stars that represent your score
  • Ghost mode (g) you are invisible, unable to hit ducks and your score rapidly decreases.
  • Alternative way to quit (q)
Will do that in spare time , today..

Back