openpandorasales@gmail.com response time

zacaj

void main()
Website
zacaj.com
I emailed them two weeks ago and no response yet. Does anyone know the average/current response time?

Makes me wonder - has anyone ever emailed Sony or Apple to ask for spareparts and actually got a reply? :)

Well, jokes aside, Jacquelyne was ill for four days, as you might have read from Craig, the got 600 emails this weekend and I as well have so much work to do that I'm behind with mail replying.

Answers take time, unfortunately.

The quote above is taken from this thread, which might give you a little insight on response times for answering emails. In short, the OPT are extremely busy with building Pandora's and so forth...and this is while doing their other normal (9-5?) job as well. Family and house is also a factor.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the same case as my previous thread. Its been a while since she got sick, sorry but I really dont like this.

I understand that answering 600 emails personally will be timeconsuming.

If they made some email lists sorted by preorder que number, they could send out some emails from time to time. The emails could give a short general status update, and telling people their estimated delivery.

If they ship about 100 units per week it should be possible to give a rough estimate, with some degree of accuracy.

Email lists could have a span of 100-200 que numbers on each, so there wouldnt be to many emails to compose.

My guess is that by doing this they would receive far less emails asking about delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the same case as my previous thread. Its been a while since she got sick, sorry but I really dont like this.

hey guys, lets e-mail this guy 600 times and see how long it takes to respond to every single one, doing background work for each one aswell
Dude.. its been 3+ weeks, and you dont have your pandora sent outside the country that was confirmed by DHL that your item has been received and signed by an unknown person named "JACK" or whatever. That package I sent had a letter saying please confirm this to my email if received. Now do you understand the why im so uneasy with this? <_<

Really? I hope they shipped it by batch, so I could assume that they sent mine as well. BTW, how did you know they shipped it did they emailed you or something?

hey guys, lets e-mail this guy 600 times and see how long it takes to respond to every single one, doing background work for each one aswell
Dude.. its been 3+ weeks, and you dont have your pandora sent outside the country that was confirmed by DHL that your item has been received and signed by an unknown person named "JACK" or whatever. That package I sent had a letter saying please confirm this to my email if received. Now do you understand the why im so uneasy with this? <_<

I just spoke with Jacquelyn on the phone querying why I hadn't got an email confirming receipt of my pandora which I sent back for RMA. She confirmed that it had been received, but for some reason it was marked off as receipt already having been confirmed.

Perhaps something went wrong and the notifications were triggered but failed to send? just a thought.

- Neelix

I used to answer 200+ emails a day for supporting one of my products .. after awhile it used to drive me nuts; think about it .. 350 days a year * 200 a day == say 50,000+ a year .. *what the hell* eh?

Thats where I learned that 'good support leads to DOS attack' -- people get lazy, knowing you'll help; its 'easy' to hit 'send' and fire off an email, but it takes real work to respond to one; so you end up in a cycle of being nice, and then getting even more mail, and so on. Weird of that works..

Still, better to be nice and have good karma and grass supports support, than be a dink about things, I always say :)

jeff

I used to answer 200+ emails a day for supporting one of my products .. after awhile it used to drive me nuts; think about it .. 350 days a year * 200 a day == say 50,000+ a year .. *what the hell* eh?

Thats where I learned that 'good support leads to DOS attack' -- people get lazy, knowing you'll help; its 'easy' to hit 'send' and fire off an email, but it takes real work to respond to one; so you end up in a cycle of being nice, and then getting even more mail, and so on. Weird of that works..

Still, better to be nice and have good karma and grass supports support, than be a dink about things, I always say :)

jeff
Or you could write a better product that needs less support. :p

I wrote a nice easy to use FAQ and automated tools to assist most issues.. but yeah.

It was a pretty successful product with many thousand of users etc, but the problem was I presented too easy a path to chat; I was in the mailing lists etc all the time, had forums, and answered 'every support email' etc. Once you are so visible, and chatty, and involved with everything/.. it just becomes full time job to manage that, without doing the 'real work'. But its all good stuff.. so its hard not to do :) Its a funny (but very real) problem .. look at how much tiome ED spends being nice :) But there is a limit to how nice one should be .. strange as that may sound.

But yeah, I got your point, you bastard ;) (not wrong, either ;)

jeff

Back