Openredalert

Thanks I will try this.

The link to both CD is also available on the official website (direct link !) among with the other freeware.

http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic

It's really nice of them to give away those classic game :)

I have looked, and I have tried. I just have to say sweeeeeeeeeet. Thank you so freaking much for this. For the people who have no idea what they are doing and actually read the entire thread...

Follow the link to EA's site and grab the Allied Disc (only one I have tested so far)

Extract the CD1_ALLIED_DISC.ISO with your favorite archiving tool

You have the PND on your Panda already? Right?

Run it once. It won't let you know anything happened, yet it did create a folder in your /pandora/appdata folder named... you guessed it /openredalert.

Copy these files from the extracted ISO into the folder created by the PND. /pandora/appdata/openredalert
/INSTALL/REDALERT.MIX
/SETUP/AUD.MIX
/SETUP/SETUP.MIX
/MAIN.MIX

Bada bing. Bada boom. Run the game again and you now have Red Alert playing on your Pandora! One note. The first couple times I ran the game I had my Panda at 700 mhz and it kept crashing in the first mission. I'm on hotfix 4. All I had to do was slow down the cpu and it works. I went to 600 mhz based on the fact that it runs fine at 500 mhz. Am I able to see the key config if I look into the PND to see how everything is mapped out, and can I edit said file without having to recompile the PND?

Thank you mcobit. This is great.

Edit: First post!

Oh yeah! My first post! I swore I wouldn't post until I received my Pandora, and well here I am. Great job everyone. I will post review soon. I almost just did it at the end of this post.

Is there any chance to get this packaged up into a single PND, does anyone know? Maybe there is a script that could be included to set this all up in a single PND file, or something?

What exactly do you want to package into a single pnd?
it is a single PND. Only the datafiles have to be copied.

As mentioned on the other boards, this doesn't work too well. That is because Openredalert itself is not very advanced.

As I can't really code I can not help to correct any bugs. If there is someone who would help the author to develope the engine, maybe we could get something out of this.

As said, it doesn't work correctly andsome missions are not completeable.

Back