Opensky

kattle87

http://www.gizmo5.com/pc/opensky/
Now you can make brief calls to skype users (or spend 20$ for getting almost-unlimited calls) using the Gizmo software.

A port of Gizmo to the Pandora is way more likely than a skype one (binaries are already there for a N800 and N810). I know it's a Closed, not Open Software but I think it might be really interesting anyway.

What do you think about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since it's closed-source software, I can't really think anything until they port it.

And if they don't, we still have Ekiga. Which I've never used.

There are lots of voip providers that allow free unlimited call between their users, cheap calls to any number, and often a geographical number to receive calls from anybody, and they would all work with e.g. ekiga.

valhalla said:
There are lots of voip providers that allow free unlimited call between their users, cheap calls to any number, and often a geographical number to receive calls from anybody, and they would all work with e.g. ekiga.
And Gizmo's actually one of them. Driving the Skype interface may be a bit of a problem (as it requires you to SMS/IM the Skype address to a specific reciever number for the gateway server and it does a callback to your number accordingly.) but the rest should work just fine (I only use the Gizmo5 client on my N800 as it's nicer than the other options on the Nokia...).

Back