Opensnes9x Crashing Cards?

BentlyTCow

Still Fresh
ive noticed, the last few times my batteries have died while playing actraiser with snes9xgp, when the batteries start to die (white flicker of death) that, if i try and save the state of my game, when i pop new batteries in it loads to the (BLU+ slubman) firmware and tells me that there's no programs on the SMC. if i put the card into my card reader the .fxe and the actraiser.zip files are gone and remaining is 'actrai~1.za0'. the gp folders are all still there, however the gp32 doesnt see anything on the card at all. it takes a complete (long) format to fix the card without any bad sectors. perhaps this has been brought up before (probably) but i'm not sure where to look.. only just got my gamepark a week ago (which i love!) so, sorry if im opening old wounds, but is anyone familiar with this? thanks!

bently.

edit: darnit, make that snes9xgp crashing my card, NOT opensnes9x!!

I noticed that to, it only happens if the program crashes when it saving on you smc, like if you are trying to use higher clockspeed than you gp32 can handle. I didn't format my card when it happend i just put my smc in my card reader and then back in my gp32, that was enought for mine to work again.

ive noticed, the last few times my batteries have died while playing actraiser with snes9xgp, when the batteries start to die (white flicker of death) that, if i try and save the state of my game, when i pop new batteries in it loads to the (BLU+ slubman) firmware and tells me that there's no programs on the SMC. if i put the card into my card reader the .fxe and the actraiser.zip files are gone and remaining is 'actrai~1.za0'. the gp folders are all still there, however the gp32 doesnt see anything on the card at all. it takes a complete (long) format to fix the card without any bad sectors. perhaps this has been brought up before (probably) but i'm not sure where to look.. only just got my gamepark a week ago (which i love!) so, sorry if im opening old wounds, but is anyone familiar with this? thanks!

bently.

edit: darnit, make that snes9xgp crashing my card, NOT opensnes9x!!
I had this problem when I was on vacation, I thought I was f*cked but:
if you run the original firmware (I use gpbios + slubman :D ) you have an option to correct the smc and then slubmans firmware can read it again :).

Last edited by a moderator:
a couple of additions.. i was only playing with the clockspeed at 133, and it says it saves it and shoots me back to the game. also if i copy the game and program to my computer, format the card, then bring the game and program back, it skips the OS completely and just runs snes9xgp only. boots right to the emulator. ill look into the gpbios+slubman fix. thanks aapje! claus! :)

bently.

and another thing.. ive just formatted my smc, and loaded little john.. its still just bypassing the firmware and going right to the emulator. am i missing something? or do i just need to change some settings? again, its the latest slubman firmware with the blu+ fix. thanks!

bently.

Back