Order In Line? Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigma85

Still Fresh
i was curious if we could possibly get a way to find out what number we are in line. apparently they know exactly where we are as they tell the re-orderers that they will not loose their place in line. ok so what place am i? i may sound like a big male genitalia when i say this but if i'm going to wait past the new year then i will wait for the 2nd batch when all problems with manufacturers and banks are settled.

don't get me wrong i have much respect for the team. but we haven't seen one console yet and are completely out in the blue on updates. i understand they are trying their best but i'm not willing to wait another 4-6 months because they didn't have their problems fixed.

i also understand that they don't want to go into debt and such (god knows i don't) but when i threw down my money i expect results. all i've seen is an upgrade in memory and a video of the menu. whoopie! it's not hard to get on here everyday and give us a blog about wth is going on. it takes 5 mins. i as well as many others make it happen in our busy lives.

i hate to be a downer but this is reality and business. if i'm waiting to the new year(which has new systems with higher specs) then i'll be damned if i'm going to wait for this wonder.

All i ask is for more frequent updates and a good estimated time when i'm going to be receiving it. as many others would.

so please panda team give us a shed of light somewhere. show us a completed pandora. you have atleast 640 lcd screens you could make one(or as close to one as possible). show me my money at work. that's all i ask. if i don't think i'm getting my moneys worth i want out.

peace.
got all the respect for ya guys and hope everything comes together.

This has to be very stressful on the entire Pandora team. I am a pre-orderer as well. All I can say is sit tight. We should get some stuff soon.

If you ordered in the first 6 hours, you could estimate your place in line. (2000 Pandoras were sold in the first 6 hours)

6 hours = 360 minutes = 21600 seconds

21600 Seconds / 2000 pandoras = 1 pandora sold per 10.8 seconds. (On average)

For example let's say you ordered 1.5 hours after pre-orders began-

1.5 hours = 90 minutes = 5400 seconds after the pre-orders began

5400 seconds / 10.8 seconds = 500

So you would be *around* the 500th pre-order. Hope this helped some people.

An arithmetic average might not mean anything.
Because it's possible that a large number of these orders was in the beggining or in the end of these six hours.

i concur Etinin. i bought mine after midnight the pre-order day in the usa eastern time. i'm not sure exactly when they started as i work. so who knows how long it was on sale for. i'm sure it was more then 6 hours. so that means what? i'm looking for a solid estimated date when we will receive what we paid for. i have the utmost faith that they will deliver the best product we will ever see. but if i'm waiting til next year i will spend next years money on it when they have these issues all fixed. i believe in what they are doing and it was my choice to pre-order. but with that they were for sure the end of november on it. now not too sure. so just tell me my place and estimated time so i can stay or go. i'd rather wait for the not delayed no problem second batch then wait for months on this one.

Chill, I don't have my reorder letter, my number, nothing.

Craig and his gang know what they are doing though, you just have to trust them! Don't you think Craig's shops would of not shut down before this, if he could not handle it?

They work hard because they love us, and will show photos when they see fit, k?

Chill, I don't have my reorder letter, my number, nothing.

Craig and his gang know what they are doing though, you just have to trust them! Don't you think Craig's shops would of not shut down before this, if he could not handle it?

They work hard because they love us, and will show photos when they see fit, k?

to me it seems like they don't really know what they are doing they are learning as they go. which is acceptable. this is how most great businesses start. but when it's my money that i used that is not showing much results at all(just showing problems) then that's when i get worried. you gotta take the 10,000ft view of the situation. you can't promise a release then say "hey guys, we got some problems..." where is the integrity in that?

they gotta too much love and not enough updates

Last edited by a moderator:
enigma85 said:
i was curious if we could possibly get a way to find out what number we are in line. apparently they know exactly where we are as they tell the re-orderers that they will not loose their place in line.
There is no "line". Presumably each order has a timestamp on it, but it's not like anybody has the time to go through all the orders right now to find yours and then count all the orders with earlier timestamps. Sure, they could make a nice spreadsheet out of all the orders and post it. It might even be worth the full day it would take to compile such a list just to quiet all the whining. But right now, nobody has that kind of time. They're already working 16 hour days to sort out the refunds.

You'll get it when you get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back