Original Xbox - Recommendations

Radio

Website
Visit site
On a bit of a whim we picked up a second hand Xbox (old Xbox not the 360) from GAME and I was wondering what games everyone recommends?
I'm also hoping to mod it as well if possible so if you have any recommendations for applications to run on it throw those my way as well.

Thanks in advance. :D

Well you have the obvious ones like Halo, Halo 2, PGR2 etc.

Other games I loved on it were Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta (spelling probably wrong here!), Oddworld: Abes Oddessy. Good version too of Half Life 2 if you don't have a top PC to play it on!

No advice regarding modding for you but I hear practically all emulators are near perfect on it.

if you mod it get Auto installer deluxe (its torrented) has all the emulators included and a number of dashboards.

it needs burning to a dvdR then it should load if you have a modchip (this can be tricky getting the xbox to read it).

Vince Voodoo and Conker: Live and Direct are supposed to be ace platformers. Also Toejam and Earl.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Ninja Gaiden Black

If you get Agent Under Fire (bond game) you can softmod with a savegame, and its a piece of piss. There are various ways of modding though. Once you've done that there are loads of emulators and apps. Xbox Media Centre (XBMC) is superb for videos.

Crimson Skies is excellent - my favorite arcade flyer of the last gen...

I really enjoyed the Mech Warrior games, too...

I highly recommend both Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games. I know some people think that the second one isn't as good as the first but they are both fantastic games regarldless of what anyone says.

I'll also chime in on Half Life 2 on the xbox. It was on the original Xbox that I first played and finished it and apart from a few instances of blocky textures, it's a near flawless conversion, with the graphics only slightly toned down.

Also, Chronicles of Riddick was supposed to be a good game. Good enough that it is getting re-released on the 360 at some point this year.

Soul Calibur 2, you get to play as Spawn!
The games I find myself playing mostly are Taito Legends 1&2, Capcom Classics and SSX3.
Sudeki is an alright action-RPG if you like those sort of things, and Fahrenheit is just wonderful.

Some others not mentioned:

Jade Empire
Outrun 2006
Morrowind GOTY edition
Oddworld Strangers Wrath
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
Mashed Fully Loaded
Burnout 3
Thief 3
Beyond Good & Evil
Psychonauts
Metal Arms