Osama bin laden is dead

It only cost US$1 trillion, 10 years, 2,340 coalition, 8,739+ Afghan forces & 1000s of civilians/innocent deaths
Just another loss of human life.... a victory that he's out of the picture, no doubt. But that an entire nation is celebrating a death as if it were a sports win is sickening to my soul.
I agree with these guys, people are gathering in MASSIVE crowds in the US to celebrate death. I'd say that dying maybe what he disserved, but we don't go down to the local prison to celebrate convicts getting executed either.
Good points, indeed.

The celebrations going on are mainly celebrating revenge and only serve to fuel the megalomania of the USA. This in turn will increase hatred and help recruit people for more terrorist attacks against the western world.

Being executed like this is not justice. Imprisonment or a death sentence (which I am no proponent of either) would have been way better. The guy was in hiding and cut of from the world. This won't make the world any safer, but his martyrdom will inspire a next generation.
This^

article-1382860-0BE04A3600000578-626_964x733.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's good he got caught (if it really happened and isn't something fabricated...) but I agree we shouldn't celebrate anyones death and I think it would have been better (for us as human beings) to put him into prison instead of executing him right there. Though I wasn't there and therefore don't know how it happened.

Also, a video from 2007 but still a good watch:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EZy04Knmhgc?feature=oembed

Anyone else notice that the playsation network goes down and a few days later the yanks get Bin Laden, Makes u wonder were they all just playing COD on there ps3?

Back