Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
predatorramboxxx said:
sam fisher said:
predatorramboxxx said:
craigix said:
Oh dear, a lot of rumors and hearsay are now being treated as fact... this is just getting silly. I said we will be back in a month.
i bet it wont exist in a month :[ and if this does come out it shouldnt have outdated parts and stuff like how the gp2x is. Ok admin please lock this fourmn and we will wait to september to found out the truth and hes right it is getting silly.

I have urges to kill you.

ten bucks says emo

:huh: ill give you 20 bucks to leave this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
i give you 10 minutes to sort yourself out or i start shooting!

No seriously, stop wasting everyone's time by turning a promising thread into shitt talk.

Vimacs said:
i give you 10 minutes to sort yourself out or i start shooting!

No seriously, stop wasting everyone's time by turning a promising thread into shitt talk.
You're so cuddly.

Squidge said:
OrR said:
What is there to do? If you've got the drivers ready on Linux, adding them to OpenMoko shouldn't be much work?
Are you volunteering for the job?

I wish I had the ability to...
unsure.gif

DaveC said:
craigix said:
Oh dear, a lot of rumors and hearsay are now being treated as fact... this is just getting silly. I said we will be back in a month.

Wow, just like Fox "news" in the US :p

As long as they just report and that we're free to decide.. ;)

By Samael

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Regarding a new handheld and seeing current threads in the board i guess some proper fuse + diode securing against false polarity and overcurrent would do great. They should be easily replaceable and inexpensive.

Epicenter leaves the discussion and it all goes down the pan...

Back to business.

N64 Emulation? Hm I had another calibres in mind when I'm thinking about the new machine...uh...is Half-Life 1 open Source? :) :) :)

Eolair said:
DaveC said:
You also need the stereo speakers though :p
Speakers? I've actually been thinking about that. You could have two small discreet holes... like the PSP :p

speakerswy5.jpg

Nice Design. The bulbs onto the D-Pad could be bigger maybe and not so "sharp" looking. Maybe they could be made out of rubber or something? Very interesting form. :)
Speakers should be above the D-Pad and the Action Buttons, so they are always free and not covered unter the Hands.

fusion_power said:
Back to business.

N64 Emulation? Hm I had another calibres in mind when I'm thinking about the new machine...uh...is Half-Life 1 open Source? :) :) :)

Eolair said:
DaveC said:
You also need the stereo speakers though :p
Speakers? I've actually been thinking about that. You could have two small discreet holes... like the PSP :p

speakerswy5.jpg

Nice Design. The bulbs onto the D-Pad could be bigger maybe and not so "sharp" looking. Maybe they could be made out of rubber or something? Very interesting form. :)
Speakers should be above the D-Pad and the Action Buttons, so they are always free and not covered unter the Hands.

holy crap i totally forget about half life(open source) how about counterstrike :] or other mods

predatorramboxxx said:
wow you really are dumb and should be banned from life....halflife 1..counterstrike mod...maybe css 1.6 might work
Sorry, I think he's right. There doesn't seem to be any source code for these games so they won't run. Maybe you are the one who is really dumb?

Orkie said:
predatorramboxxx said:
wow you really are dumb and should be banned from life....halflife 1..counterstrike mod...maybe css 1.6 might work
Sorry, I think he's right. There doesn't seem to be any source code for these games so they won't run. Maybe you are the one who is really dumb?

yeah there is just google it...how do you think you make mods for hl1 one without using the free editor... well all the mods are opensource with source code for sure...

Fine, look at all of these:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&s...ode&spell=1
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q...earch&meta=

You will see there is no source code available for them. How do I think you make mods for these games? Well presumably they have an internal scripting engine that has either been deliberately exposed or reverse engineered.

It's great that the mods are open source, but a mod is just that: a mod. It isn't a game in its own right and as such, cannot be ported. The only way the games could run if the entirety of the games' data files were reverse engineered and a new engine were written from scratch to make use of them.

Orkie said:
OrR said:
I wish I had the ability to...
unsure.gif
And so the typical answer from pushy people appears :).

I guess I'll have to go somewhere else to find out what would have to be done to get OpenMoko working... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, here is a design study I made for the next handheld:
zodiac_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back