Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yonkaku said:
garzyboi said:
Well that helps out a lot...should have said peripherals...

Hmmm will a BoB be needed with it??
no.

http://craiginator.bluwiki.com/ read this please.

wow sorry thanks alot you douchebag... :rolleyes:

way to remind me...how little can be summed up

I'll just stop perstering people and wait because jeez if I ask another one I'll get blasted with a loosenote answer...

Last edited by a moderator:
icurafu said:
By emulate, I'm sure Vince2501 means to say "Can I load roms and play games without bitching about performance in endless threads to devs."

To which, the answer is no.

Even if hlide says he can emulate the PSP, it'll only dash the hopes of people like Vince2501 who would have already downloaded roms of Disgaea and Vice City Stories, salivating in anticipation.
!? i never said *I* can emulate the PSP. I just said PSP emulation is not as difficult as DC or other older console because you don't need to emulate the hardware part to the core. A psp game runs in user mode and uses syscalls instead of poking/peek directly in hardware registers as older consoles.

So for most games you may expect to emulate the CPU and VFPU when running in the game code and call native functions which emulates the same functionnalities instead of emulating syscalls.

in game code : emulation per-instruction (dynarec)
in modules not belonging to game but firmware : emulation per-function (a native function would emulate the original function).

Of course, i'm not saying all the games would be playable at fullspeed, even at 1.1 GHz. But some might be playable (most (old ?) games are running at 222 MHz since 333 MHz was not official !).

Lazy8s said:
The functionality of even PowerVR MBX, SGX's predecessor, was beyond that of the PSP's most advanced graphics features, like acceleration for beziers and skeletal animation, so emulating functionality certainly wouldn't be the troublesome part of reproducing PSP.
I disagree, PSP can do a lot of things that a standard OpenGL setup won't give you. For instance, direct access to VRAM (which is fast), 4bpp paletted textures, and various other texturing things (like 16/32bit paletted mode with masking). I don't really know all the details. I'm sure a lot of it can be solved in caching, maybe some of it in shaders.

One thing i'd love, is that the console be comfortable to use with one hand, aka, holding it with left, and using a stylus with your right hand. nothing worse than the console shifting in your hand when you use the left buttons, and just generally tiring you out

even better, and IMO perfect for this handheld (for FPS, MMO, or RTS) would be the ability to use the consoles Dpad+Shoulder buttons, and a Laptop Trackball in your right hand ( i mean the ones you use in the air, not the ones that are like mice and sat on a table) Edit: Like so: http://www.shoplet.com/office/limages/EB042846.gif

Giving you, three buttons on the mouse (trigger, and two on the front is the norm for most trackballs), two shoulds (IIRC it was two shoulder buttons a side) , and the Dpad

Dpad=Move
Shoulder2(lowest)=Crouch
Shoulder1(highest=Jump
Trigger1=Shoot
Trigger2=Alt Shoot
Trigger3=use

Voila, perfect FPS control.

Will the craiginator come preloaded with OpenOffice and Mozilla Firefox? And if not can these be installed?
:)

supaimposter said:
Looks like the Craiginator could be facing some old competition in 2008.

In an interview with Swedish online newspaper Realtid.se, Carl Freer, former CEO of bankrupt mobile gaming company Gizmondo, said he will relaunch the portable gaming console in 2008.

The Gizmondo would be produced by a Chinese company in Shenzen that would get rights to sell the product in China. Carl Freer claims to have 35 games for the console including 6 new titles. The price of the gaming console could be US$99 and might be free with some wireless operators, he said.

Apparently its had a major redesign , we'll have to wait and see.
Any links? Or are you just posting bullcrap? :blink:

EDIT: (quick google search) LINK1 LINK2

garzyboi said:
Dude theres an anolog stick....I find that thing kinda not needed...

Trackball is many times better than an anolog stick, pixel perfect ftw (not to mention, RTS with a stick is just a pita)

supaimposter said:

In an interview with Swedish online newspaper Realtid.se, Carl Freer, former CEO of bankrupt mobile gaming company Gizmondo, said he will relaunch the portable gaming console in 2008.
Yes, it seems that the Gizmondo community/forum are all excited about it, to the point where they are deleting any negative posts about it. However, they seem to be the only people excited about it.

I don't think there's much competition. None if its still using the same slow, outdated chipset and just has a new look.

atomicthumbs said:
And a real bonus would be reading of compressed files, like "craiginator.txt.gz" or whatnot. I often have multi-megabyte text files.

Will we be using a premade app for this, or developing our own?
Or how about just formatting your SD card to NTFS and use compression? Same thing, just a bit bigger.

edit: OH GOD PSX ROM COMPRESSION DONE EASY, I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT.

Frankly, if all the Cnator has to worry about will be the Jizzmondo, then 2008's gonna be a super year for Craig.

Yonkaku said:
atomicthumbs said:
And a real bonus would be reading of compressed files, like "craiginator.txt.gz" or whatnot. I often have multi-megabyte text files.

Will we be using a premade app for this, or developing our own?
Or how about just formatting your SD card to NTFS and use compression? Same thing, just a bit bigger.

edit: OH GOD PSX ROM COMPRESSION DONE EASY, I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT.

NTFS + Linux + SD card + compression = sad computer and sad atomicthumbs.

I'd prefer to just be able to compress what I want with gzip. Maybe bzip2 as well, because of the higher compression ratio.

Or better still, two of them. If they've got two of those in one device, then we'd actually hit the 10 hour life Craig mentioned a long time back, assuming consumption can be kept at least for some tasks to 0.5A or less for the battery's voltage.

Ok, not for really processor intensive games, or if using WiFi, but for e.g. video or music, really long battery life might actually be a possibility.

supaimposter said:

The Gizmondo would be produced by a Chinese company in Shenzen that would get rights to sell the product in China. Carl Freer claims to have 35 games for the console including 6 new titles. The price of the gaming console could be US$99 and might be free with some wireless operators, he said.

Apparently its had a major redesign , we'll have to wait and see.
Wow it took that to bring you to post here, the Giz. Wow the Giz is back, fuck the Craiginator! All hail the Giz! We should all wait for the new Giz, I am glad you told us before we screwed up and wasted our money on the Craiginator. $99.00? I am sure that kill kick the crap out of some "crappy" OMAP based 4.3" hi res 800x480 touchscreened analog AND digital controled powerhouse. For $99 we will get some fantastic Giz with a 2" screen and one speaker and running Winblows like a pig, Can hardly wait ;)

No, there is not. I call hoax! If they were going to release "spring 08" like they say they would of had to at least start small productions of beta units and we would of had more info by now.

There is NO official craiganator website.
The people who claim to be making it are just some people on this forum.
They claim to have all this stuff done and we have yet to see one lick of proof for ANYTHING.
They won't even tell us what company is making it.

I am calling the craig a hoax until I see some PROOF.

Ummm.... I'm quite sure it isn't a hoax. Craigix is a major gp2x distributor and he works closely with GPH. He would not string along an entire forum if it weren't actually being manufactured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back