Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viking said:
No, there is not. I call hoax! If they were going to release "spring 08" like they say they would of had to at least start small productions of beta units and we would of had more info by now.

There is NO official craiganator website.
The people who claim to be making it are just some people on this forum.
They claim to have all this stuff done and we have yet to see one lick of proof for ANYTHING.
They won't even tell us what company is making it.

I am calling the craig a hoax until I see some PROOF.
Nice try in coaxing info out of Craig. You don't think he will fall for it do you? He will release info when he is ready, until then......

Last edited by a moderator:
supaimposter said:
Carl Freer, former CEO of bankrupt mobile gaming company Gizmondo
Is that the same bloke who was connected to Swedish organized crime and crashed his exotic car bought on gizmondo start up capital?

Iorgy77 said:
supaimposter said:
Carl Freer, former CEO of bankrupt mobile gaming company Gizmondo
Is that the same bloke who was connected to Swedish organized crime and crashed his exotic car bought on gizmondo start up capital?

No, the guy who did all that was the smart one :)

DaveC said:
Viking said:
No, there is not. I call hoax! If they were going to release "spring 08" like they say they would of had to at least start small productions of beta units and we would of had more info by now.

There is NO official craiganator website.
The people who claim to be making it are just some people on this forum.
They claim to have all this stuff done and we have yet to see one lick of proof for ANYTHING.
They won't even tell us what company is making it.

Nice try in coaxing info out of Craig. You don't think he will fall for it do you? He will release info when he is ready, until then......

Craig doesn't update his website until he feels like it for fuck sakes, he is a very busy man dude. he did show the video of the analogue nub. I have faith in da big C. ;)

Viking said:
You'll probably get some in the next week or so too; until then, plenty of references have been stated.

Dubya' said:
Considering that the Craiginator design is supposed to be revealed in less than a week, I'd guess they've already chosen the battery pack. Anywho, I hope they chose something like this. It's cheap, apparently popular and plentiful and has a 2500mah capacity:
Yes, a battery has already been sourced, and it should provide the 'perfect' amount of hours, playability wise. I'm sure Craig will sell the batteries seperate as well, for those that want to take a couple of spares onto holidays/etc.

DaveC said:
For $99 we will get some fantastic Giz with a 2" screen and one speaker and running Winblows like a pig, Can hardly wait ;)
Well said that man :D

(Actually they did mention changing the screen, but it'll probably be the same shit otherwise, and be useless for emulation)

oh, and it'll most likely be incompatible with homebrew again, too.

Well there is no need to get your knickers in a twist DaveC, Just thought i'd post this info as its another new handheld coming out that the Craiginator will have to contend with.
Im looking forward to the Craiginator and when it comes out i will definatly buy one and for your information this isnt the first post i have made on this board so just calm done.
Also where did you get the specs for the new giz nobody knows what its gonna be like yet.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Ummm.... I'm quite sure it isn't a hoax. Craigix is a major gp2x distributor and he works closely with GPH. He would not string along an entire forum if it weren't actually being manufactured.
Maybe craigix is mentally disturbed, and need attention from other peoples ? The way he posts short and mysterious messages here and there, and give so litte info, is quite telling. As far as I can judge, Craigix likes to play the "mysterious" and "know-all" man, "playing" with us, mere fools, that don't know what *he* knows. I can really imagine him spending the whole day reading all these posts, reacting only from time to time just to kickstart again the conversations and wondering.

Also, Craigix may be "a major gp2x distributor", it is still a very little business anyway ... I doubt that someone who earns his life by selling gp2x over the net would gain the funds to make a PSP killer this way ...

supaimposter said:
Well there is no need to get your knickers in a twist DaveC, Just thought i'd post this info as its another new handheld coming out that the Craiginator will have to contend with.
Im looking forward to the Craiginator and when it comes out i will definatly buy one and for your information this isnt the first post i have made on this board so just calm done.
Also where did you get the specs for the new giz nobody knows what its gonna be like yet.
Honestly, why post that in a thread about Craigx's machine?

True, you can be anyone you like on the internet...
Also I know someone who imports and sells Asian goods - he's definitely not capable of creating a new console... :)
In fact is this Craigix :)
Anyway, time will tell - we always knew it wouldn't be out before xmas..

DaveC said:
supaimposter said:
Looks like the Craiginator could be facing some old competition in 2008.

In an interview with Swedish online newspaper Realtid.se, Carl Freer, former CEO of bankrupt mobile gaming company Gizmondo, said he will relaunch the portable gaming console in 2008.

The Gizmondo would be produced by a Chinese company in Shenzen that would get rights to sell the product in China. Carl Freer claims to have 35 games for the console including 6 new titles. The price of the gaming console could be US$99 and might be free with some wireless operators, he said.

Apparently its had a major redesign , we'll have to wait and see.
Wow it took that to bring you to post here, the Giz. Wow the Giz is back, fuck the Craiginator! All hail the Giz! We should all wait for the new Giz, I am glad you told us before we screwed up and wasted our money on the Craiginator. $99.00? I am sure that kill kick the crap out of some "crappy" OMAP based 4.3" hi res 800x480 touchscreened analog AND digital controled powerhouse. For $99 we will get some fantastic Giz with a 2" screen and one speaker and running Winblows like a pig, Can hardly wait ;)

Can we get DaveC a rit alin here?

Seriously though, of course the Jiz is no competition, the thing flopped on first release, and if it's to remain unchanged, it'll flop again. I think the people that count will know what is the better machine.

Deed said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
Ummm.... I'm quite sure it isn't a hoax. Craigix is a major gp2x distributor and he works closely with GPH. He would not string along an entire forum if it weren't actually being manufactured.
Maybe craigix is mentally disturbed, and need attention from other peoples ? The way he posts short and mysterious messages here and there, and give so litte info, is quite telling. As far as I can judge, Craigix likes to play the "mysterious" and "know-all" man, "playing" with us, mere fools, that don't know what *he* knows. I can really imagine him spending the whole day reading all these posts, reacting only from time to time just to kickstart again the conversations and wondering.

Also, Craigix may be "a major gp2x distributor", it is still a very little business anyway ... I doubt that someone who earns his life by selling gp2x over the net would gain the funds to make a PSP killer this way ...

Well, he has a nice car...

at a hundred US, it's not even in the same price range. The only thing they have in common is that they are handheld consoles maybe released on the same year.

Oh yeah. And they're both funded by mafia families. ;)

Hopefully they go open source, but I doubt it.

atomicthumbs said:
Yonkaku said:
atomicthumbs said:
And a real bonus would be reading of compressed files, like "craiginator.txt.gz" or whatnot. I often have multi-megabyte text files.

Will we be using a premade app for this, or developing our own?
Or how about just formatting your SD card to NTFS and use compression? Same thing, just a bit bigger.

edit: OH GOD PSX ROM COMPRESSION DONE EASY, I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT.

NTFS + Linux + SD card + compression = sad computer and sad atomicthumbs.

I'd prefer to just be able to compress what I want with gzip. Maybe bzip2 as well, because of the higher compression ratio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SquashFS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cramfs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JFFS2

Viking said:
And what, pray tell, do you count as proof? If you're skeptical now, you'll be skeptical when the designs are revealed (anyone could have drawn them up - just look at the Craiginator threads), when there are videos of components (he could just have ordered one of each to try and prolong the hoax, after all), when there's a prototype in video (it's really just a GP2x playing a pre-recorded video synched with buttons in a new case - I mean, come on guys!).

Indeed, if skepticism is your chosen mindset, then in fact, even when the machine goes on sale, and people start talking about how great it is, you could simply say that we're all propaganda people put up to say things about a non-existant device so that he can get the money of the masses.

To be honest, even if you've got one in your hands, you could just be dreaming - it's not a *real* Craiginator, because such a thing doesn't exist!

Basically, what it comes down to is this: do you trust the person singlehandedly responsible for the first wave of GP2x-hype, who has been with the community since the early GP32 days, and who has corroborative evidence from trusted devs and individuals on these boards (Squidge, MWeston, EvilDragon especially). Given that I've bought both a GP32 and a 2x from him, and spent hours playing Doom back on the GP32 (which Craig had a big hand in helping to port as well as it ended up being ported), I'd answer that with a yes.

Perhaps your answer is different :p

What do you mean "won't tell us what company is making it"? craigix and some others are making it, they're probably sourcing out to get them assembled. They probably have investors as well as their own money to pour into it. It has already been revealed that TI is backing them and that they're using OMAP3430 for it. They have also revealed pictures of the analog nub and the LCD that will be used, so we already know about most of the details.

If he made a website what would he put on it? There isn't even an official name for the device yet. The reason we all have the details we do is because the developers wanted to hear user input on designing it because they want to make sure they don't miss anything important.

Spring '08 is just a tentative date, but it's entirely possible to meet if you think about it. Even if they don't meet it that doesn't make it a hoax. You can't compare this to a device like PSP because they're using an already designed chipset and they don't need to get it out to many software developers much beforehand because a) it's an open device B) the things that it needs most early on will be ports anyway. And you can't compare the volume to a mainstream commercial device. I'm sure they don't intend to sell millions of them or anywhere even close to that. Hence much less initial investment is needed.

Look at MWeston's device.. it uses i.MX31 and has videos of it running. It's obviously not a hoax. If he wanted to and had the financial resources I'm sure he could get someone to mass produce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back