Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
predatorramboxxx said:
DaveC said:
I really don't like that screen though. The bulging out edges look quite fugly. The start, select buttons are way too small to be used in games like Donpachi etc that need vertical orientation. It is also similar to the design that I did that was shot down due to the KB being too small.
let's see your design.
model it in 3d as well
(please)

Look in old thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
I really don't like that screen though. The bulging out edges look quite fugly. The start, select buttons are way too small to be used in games like Donpachi etc that need vertical orientation. It is also similar to the design that I did that was shot down due to the KB being too small.
If you like i can make the start/select buttons bigger, but how much? :blink:
I would like it, if you tell me, what can be better. :)

I will "update" my design as soon as possible :D

power-rangers_turboranger.jpg

Power rangers anyone? Sorry, but the colour schemes on these designs are pretty ugly :D

I do prefer DaveC's designs and the slide-out keyboard designs a few (10+?) posts back :gp2x

EDIT: or was it in the 'other thread'? Someone should re-post the previous designs for comparison.

quartercast said:
power-rangers_turboranger.jpg

Power rangers anyone? Sorry, but the colour schemes on these designs are pretty ugly :D

I do prefer DaveC's designs and the slide-out keyboard designs a few (10+?) posts back :gp2x

EDIT: or was it in the 'other thread'? Someone should re-post the previous designs for comparison.
which colours would you like to see????
:D

It looks really like power ranger :D but its Retro xD

what's with the keyboard anyway? is this trying to be a blackberry now? I like the idea of a keyboard but atleast make it a keyboard you can actually type on, and can detach from the unit or have it as an accessory <-- accessory would be my choice.

quartercast said:
OOoops.. Don't let DaveC see those composite-out sockets :D :D :D
He´d rather bitch about how slim its is, and tell us for the hundredth time how the Zodiac always got him spasming and cramping ten minutes after he picked it up because it was so slim. ;)

I think it should just remain in it's simplistic form, why mess with something that works?

I'd just like to point out a few things: 4 speakers instead of only 2. portable surround sound, baby!
something i think would be really cool also is if it was made so that it would still work with the dock and stuff for the gp2x... like just an adapter so you wouldn't need two for both systems... but one that's descreet if it's ugly it ain't gonna be desirable.
and i have some ideas for what could possibly be done with the joystick.
maybe some kind of modular thing that could be swapped out for a d-pad that fit in the same hole... something like that... (i didn't feel like designing that...) here's my interpretation:
gp3x.gif

and if you want a keyboard plug in whatever keyboard you want, something like this:

mini.jpg

or one of those collapsible ones.

Billy Lee said:
Now what's going to happen now that this new GP2X has been announced?
I don't think this is a new GP2X, but something totally different appealing to the same kind of people.

Orkie said:
Billy Lee said:
I don't think this is a new GP2X, but something totally different appealing to the same kind of people.

When I said the new GP2X, I meant the GP2X F-200. Looks like Cragix got screwed over by the company that he tried to screw over. :p

Billy Lee said:
When I said the new GP2X, I meant the GP2X F-200. Looks like Cragix got screwed over by the company that he tried to screw over. :p
Not really. If this new machine comes out, it will totally destroy even this F200.

Billy Lee said:
Orkie said:
Billy Lee said:

Not really because the F200 is still the same machine under the hood. Same processors. Craig's new machine will be more powerul. Personally I'd like a combination of the two.

Billy Lee said:
Orkie said:
Billy Lee said:

I personally don`t think so, GPH is a case of too little too late. Especially since we have been waiting for an improved joystick (D-pad) for nearly two years, And then they only seem to bother now, Probably because of all the talk on here about a possible community driven replacement of the GP2x. Though it only seems a half hearted attempt, Mainly a touch screen and a d-pad, With nothing more to add, No faster cpu, No official support for SDHC, No better graphics sub-system, No proper usb-host support WITH usb 2.0, etc etc, The list goes on.

That, And the fact that this will only serve to dilute the community. I will be buying both (GP2x F-200 and the GP3x), But only because the two GP2x`s i have had, Have been totally dire in the stick department, And this (the F-200) will be replacing the GP2x i still have (As this is what the GP2x should have been in the first place), And my current GP2x will be confined to the bin/trash.

The GP3x (once released) will be my pimping handheld, And main handheld of choice.

Trooper

RX Shorty said:
Well it is comming the new GP2X F200...

And I want it! :D
ditto :D I'll buy one as soon as they hit the shelves... Unlike the GP3X, I'll actually be able to use it as soon as I receive it - just load up my current SD card and go... I imagine my GP3X - when I buy it on release - will be more decorative than useful for the first few months... but that's okay, 'cause I'm acquisitive and will buy it anyway... :)

As to the F200 being "too little, too late" I guess we'll see, but I for one think it's likely to sell like crazy - the improved stick... the touch screen... Hell, any system you can run a CPS2 emu on is powerful enough for what I want it to do. If it comes in at the current GP2X price point, I think it's gonna be huge!

trooper said:
moz said:
has it been uncovered yet the screen res? i hope it will make for a kick ass ebook/PDF/CHM viewer.

this is looking like a successor to Gp2x and Zodiac2, which makes me happy.

im hoping for palm emulation!
800x480 32bit as far as i know.

Trooper

as long as its got a real time clock, i think i may finally have a replacement for my Zod.

I'll probably simply buy both if I have enough spare cash, I like all these new gadgets :)

Craigix, you make sure that the new beast is sexy!, I mean, d*mn!, lipstick, green eyes, curves, arghh.. Just think Jessica Rabbit with buttons and a D-pad type thingy...

( I think that I should wait before having my next barrel of beer :lol: )

X-Code said:
I'll probably simply buy both if I have enough spare cash, I like all these new gadgets :)
ditto

do you think the f-200 will actually be out in october? of just more false hope from GPH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back