Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here i have colored in blue black, because a lot of people think the red-black combination looks cheap :p
220807160826_eDragon_v4_beta_blue.png

I Hope you like it too ;)

invinciblegod said:
I dont know if anyone resolved this yet since i forgot about most of this thread but if you make a slider like the unlock screen for the iphone as confirmation for saving state or something that could work. Or there could be a lock button in harder to reach area of the screen so that pressing it accidentally wouldnt be a problem.

Come to think of it, those extra 160px could be used to accept mouse gestures for certain actions in emulators (save, load, options etc). That'd prevent accidental input, at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Here's a very early render, I still have lots of detail to add to it yet:

Hope it's ok.
holy crap thats awesome and looks really professional... what program did you use?... are you going to make a model of it with the keyboard out? I also like red little better(personal taste) but thats some good work you did..

norm said:
pritty tight design - not so fond of the bright blue colours though
It's not my design, it's HE1N2's, I'm just rendering it in 3D :)

Anyway, here's another image with the screen up:
Console2.jpg

WarmFluffyUK said:
norm said:
pritty tight design - not so fond of the bright blue colours though
It's not my design, it's HE1N2's, I'm just rendering it in 3D :)

Anyway, here's another image with the screen up:
[/snip]

much better with the keyboard. i think whoever is making this machine should look at this model and base it of this... maybe they can have alternative colors or "faceplates"

I'd say the grey and the green ones look the best. But should probably opt for the grey one otherwise people will think it's one of those third world laptops.

Nice design, especially in green. I think the screen is too small, though. Pulling off a large screen with a sliding design may be difficult... Can't we get rid of that keyboard? :D

@WarmFluffyUK
thanks for your work -- you are great :D

I Have post your work in the german gp2x board ; I have told that you did this work too ;)

Sorry for my bad english :blink: :p :eek:
:D

I really don't like that screen though. The bulging out edges look quite fugly. The start, select buttons are way too small to be used in games like Donpachi etc that need vertical orientation. It is also similar to the design that I did that was shot down due to the KB being too small.

DaveC said:
I really don't like that screen though. The bulging out edges look quite fugly. The start, select buttons are way too small to be used in games like Donpachi etc that need vertical orientation. It is also similar to the design that I did that was shot down due to the KB being too small.
let's see your design.
model it in 3d as well
(please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back