Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
cappuchok said:
Craig told us why: they would have gone for 640x480 screens but weren't allowed to buy them because the big companies impose limits on their suppliers not to sell parts to manufacturers of "unknown devices". As an 800x480 screen will support 640x480 output without abnormal scaling, I'm happy with it.
WTF? I have to admit i find this rather odd and unusual and unbelieveable.

Okay, i've been away for awhile, so can someone point me to some concrete info?

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the new machine doesn't end up with a finish like the PSP has then i'll be happy, I end up spending more time cleaning it than I do playing it. :angry:

Lurkio said:
As long as the new machine doesn't end up with a finish like the PSP has then i'll be happy, I end up spending more time cleaning it than I do playing it. :angry:
I don't have to clean my white PSP, there is no finger print on it :)

Edit: hummm, wait a minute, I never play with it, that may explain why :lol:

If it comes to surface materials, i have to agree that metal would be best. I really liked the anodized aluminium surface of the zodiac, it never got dirty or slippery plus it looked great and was thinner than plastic could ever be. Although it was probably rather expensive.

I want it to be made out of lead, coated in gold with the buttons decorated with silver. The stylus should also have diamonds on either ends.

Javacat said:
I want it to be made out of lead, coated in gold with the buttons decorated with silver. The stylus should also have diamonds on either ends.
i disagree, i think it should be made out of platinum and coated in llama fur :)

moz said:
i miss telcolou!
But what the...What happened? Where did he go?!? What did I miss?

In case this is somehow something not appropriate for the forum, please PM me. :blink: :blink: :(

has it been uncovered yet the screen res? i hope it will make for a kick ass ebook/PDF/CHM viewer.

this is looking like a successor to Gp2x and Zodiac2, which makes me happy.

im hoping for palm emulation!

moz said:
has it been uncovered yet the screen res? i hope it will make for a kick ass ebook/PDF/CHM viewer.

this is looking like a successor to Gp2x and Zodiac2, which makes me happy.

800x480 32bit as far as i know.

Trooper

Fishbong said:
If it comes to surface materials, i have to agree that metal would be best. I really liked the anodized aluminium surface of the zodiac, it never got dirty or slippery plus it looked great and was thinner than plastic could ever be. Although it was probably rather expensive.
Metal case and maybe metal D-Pad and buttons (with an good-grip surface) could be the best for such an device. :) But I think such materials would be much much to expencive compared to plastic, of course I don't know the prices but today, metal always is expensive. :(
If the Handheld will be made out of plastic, I hope it will be good stable plastic, the GP2X Material wasn't that bad at all.

Amon_Re said:
cappuchok said:
Craig told us why: they would have gone for 640x480 screens but weren't allowed to buy them because the big companies impose limits on their suppliers not to sell parts to manufacturers of "unknown devices". As an 800x480 screen will support 640x480 output without abnormal scaling, I'm happy with it.
WTF? I have to admit i find this rather odd and unusual and unbelieveable.

Okay, i've been away for awhile, so can someone point me to some concrete info?

The Neo1973 has a 640*480 screen and they've had trouble to secure supplys... Not sure if it's because of some weird conspiracy or because everyone loves 640*480 screens, though.
moz said:
Access bought the software side of Palm and is moving over to Linux so the chances of a commercially available Palm emulator are pretty good.

I would like to see VGA out so I can play it on my HDTV without it looking all horrible. Either that or component.

I remember someone on here saying the chipset in the GP2X allows VGA out but wasn't enabled, or something along those lines.

probably requested like a zillion times already, but if it doesn't have a quality d-pad and some quality buttons you can count me out!

well... just make it one-mean-mame-machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back