Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
javaJake said:
Squidge said:
Next week, not this week :)
Uh... oh... OK... :p

LOL

Typical, I'm not feeling impatient but that's still funny. Still noone has shut me up about being on the list or not... and I missed a recorded package today. Hmmm can't think of anything purchased lately ;)

:p
probably nothing to do with this but my mind got to working what the hell could that be, I'll have to wait 'til Monday to find out dammit

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, but will be able to buy and receive all nations, England, France, Italy, Belgium ? :blink:
There are a few photos preview? I had to buy a GP2X F200 but at this point I agreed to wait a week and take your console. :D :p gp32_console :D :p

perhaps we will be able to port CUBE! IT IS THE FUTURE OF GAMING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGDCE6Nrz0

Arsenè said:
Hi, but will be able to buy and receive all nations, England, France, Italy, Belgium ? :blink:
There are a few photos preview? I had to buy a GP2X F200 but at this point I agreed to wait a week and take your console. :D :p gp32_console :D :p
Well, by the seems of it England should be quite easy to buy, and France will just surrender once you get your wallet out.
But i bet the shipping of those is a killer.
:)

Nah, I'm sure you will be able to import it to anywhere.

Gr.Viper said:
Nah, add webcam support and port levelHead as soon as it's out
http://julianoliver.com/levelhead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ks1u0A8xdU

Makes me wonder if such a thing has ever been done with a console with a motion sensor. Like, you'd move the console around, and the 3D thing that appears on screen would move to give you the illusion that there's a real object inside your console's screen. If that makes any sense.

Which brings my next question, would it be possible to have any sort of motion sensing add on to the Craiginator (anything SDIO or USB maybe? Or using that WiFi hotspot location thing?)

well, those little accelerometer chippys can be easily hooked up to a adc as all they do is change resistance on 3 pins as they get moved, very simple.
So it should be dead easy to attach one to UART.
Price is about 5$ (ADXL330) if you buy 1k, i guess it gets much cheaper after that.
the MMA7260Q is supposed to be a bit cheaper but i couldn't find a quote for it.
Theres also the LIS3LV02DQ which has integrated adc's and connects over spi.

Would be nice to have one integrated thou...

Vimacs said:
Indeed! That's the type of little plus that makes the whole difference. People would make games based on that and we could simply enough have some pretty unique and cool stuff out of it. Like, you could move the console up and down and to the side to look around, as if it was some sort of movable window into your game world, or make games based on inclining it, or achieve all kinds of illusions, and so on..

A_SN said:
Vimacs said:
Indeed! That's the type of little plus that makes the whole difference. People would make games based on that and we could simply enough have some pretty unique and cool stuff out of it. Like, you could move the console up and down and to the side to look around, as if it was some sort of movable window into your game world, or make games based on inclining it, or achieve all kinds of illusions, and so on..

We could play entire Games just with (analog) Motion sensors, Enigma/Oxyd for example:

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,25,1729

Could be really cool, I love this game but it was really hard to play with the F-100 Digital-Stick. :lol: .Motion Sensors also could be used for the Menu of the Device. Automatic Screen rotation for vertical and horizontal usage of the Handheld. ^_^

I think a motion sensor would be a great addition! Would certainly be a lot of fun. And that levelhead game looks really nice. But the crayonphysics ones aswell. We need something like that!

Squidge said:
fusion_power said:
Automatic Screen rotation for vertical and horizontal usage of the Handheld. ^_^
Like an iTouch?

Yes, but I'm not wanted to say all these new-fashioned bad "I-..." or "A..." words. :lol:
Well, because we still have no real clue about the Design of the device, in my imagination I'm using the Handheld in vertical mode as an Music-Player or an ordinary PDA (because you can hold the thing much better in vertical mode se everything PALM releated) and Horizontal "normal" mode for Games and Movies and so on. I'm sure, there will be at least an manual Vertical Mode if there is no Motion Sensor, because using such an Device only in Horizontal Mode would be a very big waste of talent of the Device. ^^"

For screen rotation to work, the X11 driver should support the xrandr extension.

For standard linux applications it should be no problem, it's just a window resize, from 800x480 to 480x800, but games and emulators coded for just one resolution, like the ones using SDL, will give problems.

You will never play a game meant for horizontal orientation in vertical mode, so why should this be automatic? Each program should set its own screen orientation based on its particular needs.

Hardware modes for both orientations would kick ass, then there won't be any speed issues.

About the user interface: Could we have something like the DS firmware, with the sliding and the fading and the colors and the smooth sounds?

Also...

GBAX is back!

They've got EEE PCs and the JXD.

fusion_power said:
Yes, but I'm not wanted to say all these new-fashioned bad "I-..." or "A..." words. :lol:
Well, MWeston is the hardware designer and engineer, so maybe you should speak with him. I doubt it'll be added however (for reasons I can't say at the moment).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back