Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 GameMaster said:
Laurent said:
#1 GameMaster said:
I looked up the processor (Cortex-A8) and I read that it has the ability to scale in speed from 600Mhz to 1Ghz+. Cortex-A8 info.

They probably can reach that speed using specific implementation of C-A8 with over voltage and adequate cooling. Don't try 1 GHz on 6xx MHz device (imagine overclocking your 3 GHz Core2 duo to 5 GHz).

That'd be nuts! :rolleyes:

Pfft, why imagine, it has been done [he types on the 2.8Ghz Conroe-L that is a stock 1.8ghz part, on stock cooling and voltage.]

The 45nm cores are good on air well past 4Ghz, so yeah given stable enough silicon anything is possible. And I thought ARM didn't have problems with cooling (Less transistors, fraction of a watt power dissapation)

I am just thinking of the fact that there is one design for ~650mhz and another design for ~1000mhz, I don't know which one we will be getting, but I wouldn't reasonably expect more than 700mhz (he says as he realizes that is more than 3 times the speed of his best overclocking GP2X)

Last edited by a moderator:
CongoZombie said:
Everyone is losing their pandora the longer they have to wait for their sanity...

*sound of dropping marbles*
I second that wait what are these round things on the floor around me............ :unsure:

#1 GameMaster said:
CongoZombie said:
Everyone is losing their pandora the longer they have to wait for their sanity...

*sound of dropping marbles*
I second that wait what are these round things on the floor around me............ :unsure:

waiting for pics/news/etc is driving me mad (writing this from half way up the wall) :blink: I might get hypnosis to blot out all memory of the Pandora project!!!!

This thread is reaching a certain post count, but is lacking a certain something. But what....

penis

btw, I WIN

Javacat said:
This thread is reaching a certain post count, but is lacking a certain something. But what....
must control myself

MUST CONTROL MYSELF

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

148992020_2f045da215_s.jpg

IGNORE THAT; I AM NOT A GOOD ROLE MODEL

atomicthumbs said:
Javacat said:
must control myself

MUST CONTROL MYSELF

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

148992020_2f045da215_s.jpg

IGNORE THAT; I AM NOT A GOOD ROLE MODEL

DAMAGE CONTROL!!!! I REPEAT, DAMAGE CONTROL!!!!

MOVE ZIG FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!!!!

-God Ginrai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back