Ouya - Android based open gaming console

In the last Ouya update they announced offensive combat will be launched for it

The onlive control uses a standard gamepad configuration for android, if the ouya supports onlive, that would lead me to believe the ouya supports the android standard gamepad mapping.... well unless they modify onlive to support a non standard mapping ... but i dont see why they would purposefully go agianst that standard

Sent from my MB612 using Tapatalk 2

The onlive control uses a standard gamepad configuration for android, if the ouya supports onlive, that would lead me to believe the ouya supports the android standard gamepad mapping.... well unless they modify onlive to support a non standard mapping ... but i dont see why they would purposefully go agianst that standard

They need to release an OUYA specific version in the first place just to get it on the store, why do you think they wouldn't add specific support for OUYA controls in this version, as if that's a major additional undertaking? They added support for Xperia Play..

True, i think my view is more hopeful optimism

When the xperia play dropped those standards werent there yet they had to dirtily hack it into android.

Im hopeing they arent dumb and use the very decent wheel that is made for them instead recreating their own

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is, if they make it use a standard interface then they may be making it easier to run the games on other Android devices. And they may want to hold on to whatever tiny number of non-Android games they can get (if any, it's kind of dubious)

My game dev team has been working on our own open console. OUYA beat us to the punch though of launching a kickstarter campaign 1st. But fear not, we're staying the course.

Details will be shared in about a week. My partner Chase is finishing a few things on our website. But here is our latest newsletter we sent out to our subscribers:

http://eepurl.com/obbmX

Also fixing up our press-release a little bit more. Until we have attained patents much will not be displayed of the hardware(especially the controller).

Details will be shared in about a week. My partner Chase is finishing a few things on our website. But here is our latest newsletter we sent out to our subscribers:

http://eepurl.com/obbmX

Also fixing up our press-release a little bit more. Until we have attained patents much will not be displayed of the hardware(especially the controller).

Great! Let us know how it goes and is going. :)

We only sent out 4 newsletters so far.

Why don't you just post the full tech specs of your console here for us to see? Or if you can't do that give us details which will at least let us know you're not dreaming.

Don't be offended by this request, it's just that you're on a forum where we won't just believe a casual 'we're making an open console' claim without some solid evidence.

We only sent out 4 newsletters so far.

Why don't you just post the full tech specs of your console here for us to see? Or if you can't do that give us details which will at least let us know you're not dreaming.

Don't be offended by this request, it's just that you're on a forum where we won't just believe a casual 'we're making an open console' claim without some solid evidence.
Well there's not much reason for them to be offended but like they said they don't have any patents yet - I agree with you they need solid proof even the Ouya Had shown more details

You can't wait the week he said they need before they're ready to reveal? People have been waiting months to find out whatever the hell this "product 3" you keep going on about is..

I think he'll get over it if people don't think he's really making a console.

Sorry for such a late reply. Was busy all day loong.

Okay here are some of the specs we're still deciding:

4GB RAM

Hopefully 1TB HardDrive

-Due to Online Game Store, Downloadable Game Media and save files.

-DVD Drive(for game discs and DVDs of course)

--We don't think we can outdo Sony in terms of price and quality for blueray right now...

GPU/CPU undetermined yet

Flash storage amount undetermined as well.

HDMI and AV Output up to 1080p(unless something better comes out on other nextGen consoles)

6 USB Ports

WiFi and Ethernet

Wireless support may be through Bluetooth or another method one of our engineers is proposing

-Runs via Linux(Finalizing is we're going to use Ubuntu or something else)

-$Price undetermined.

-Of course there are more specs, but we though those will be the most important ones to list here

-All of these specs are subject to change, but that is what we've been working towards.

Will it be arm or x86?

If it is x86, it sounds like a gamingpc with a controller and some storething...

Sorry for such a late reply. Was busy all day loong.

Okay here are some of the specs we're still deciding:

4GB RAM

Hopefully 1TB HardDrive

-Due to Online Game Store, Downloadable Game Media and save files.

-DVD Drive(for game discs and DVDs of course)

--We don't think we can outdo Sony in terms of price and quality for blueray right now...

GPU/CPU undetermined yet

Flash storage amount undetermined as well.

HDMI and AV Output up to 1080p(unless something better comes out on other nextGen consoles)

6 USB Ports

WiFi and Ethernet

Wireless support may be through Bluetooth or another method one of our engineers is proposing

-Runs via Linux(Finalizing is we're going to use Ubuntu or something else)

-$Price undetermined.

-Of course there are more specs, but we though those will be the most important ones to list here

-All of these specs are subject to change, but that is what we've been working towards.
Wow you actually gave us the specs ?!

You can't wait the week he said they need before they're ready to reveal? People have been waiting months to find out whatever the hell this "product 3" you keep going on about is..
+1 :D

To be equal fair, theweirdn8 should wait for at least "2 Months" until he reveils anything about his console project. :lol:

Back