Ouya - Android based open gaming console

Yeah, the kickstarter page images made it seem like it was going to be bigger..

before I read the rubicks cube sized comment, I was thinking what are they going to do with all the extra space.. put weights in it to make it seem like a heftier system?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I thought the extra space was for hardware hacks and home made peripherals as I believe it's supposed to be hacker friendly .

Perhaps they will just sell the board and you can still use the same ouya case.its simple to open an ouya

I wouldnt imagine them going to a Tegra 4 (for a Ouya 2 or updated board) until the T4 drops in price , If it were to happen I'd guess 18 months

From Ben Heck's vid I posted above where he opens up the Ouya, it basically is  a matter of removing 4 screws on the top lid , removing the lid then pulling the board straight out. There isn't even any screws holding the board in.  It's clearly designed with a possible board replacement in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt imagine them going to a Tegra 4 (for a Ouya 2 or updated board) until the T4 drops in price , If it were to happen I'd guess 18 months

From Ben Heck's vid I posted above where he opens up the Ouya, it basically is  a matter of removing 4 screws on the top lid , removing the lid then pulling the board straight out. There isn't even any screws holding the board in.  It's clearly designed with a possible board replacement in mind.
then again those are devs units and design might not be finalized...

^ Will see at the end of next month I suppose.

They have been updating people on any changes, the only ones they have mentioned are that the controller will have a cross d-paad, touch pad is now more sensitive , the rear triggers now sit more flush.  They havn't mentioned any changes to the console itself.  Also, the CEO has been mentioning from the beginning the HW will be as open to hacking as they can make it.  So odds on , it will remain easy to remove the board

^ Will see at the end of next month I suppose.

They have been updating people on any changes, the only ones they have mentioned are that the controller will have a cross d-paad, touch pad is now more sensitive , the rear triggers now sit more flush.  They havn't mentioned any changes to the console itself.  Also, the CEO has been mentioning from the beginning the HW will be as open to hacking as they can make it.  So odds on , it will remain easy to remove the board
but this will be a big project, and a legit hackable game console sounds like a bitch warrantee-wise...as you said we can only wait and see.

Back