Overclock Ok

washo

Washo 4 evr
Website
Visit site
Hi all
just a little word to say that I managed to clock my P4D 940 (3.2GHz) @ 4231MHz
(I increased the FSB from 200MHz to 264MHz with RAM being at 440 ... something like 10:6 ratio)
The boost is really noticeable and that really helps playing STALKER :D
For info here my config:
P4D 940 (@4.2GHz)
ASUS P5WD2-WS
2x 1G DDR2 PC6400 4-4-4-18 Crutial (@440MHz)
X1900XT (621MHz / 720MHz => stock freq)
2x 250GB SATA2 16MB cache RAID0
PSU = 600W silent but I dont remember the brand

anyway, overclock is fun...if my CPU doesnt burn ;)

see you :lol:

One way of checking if your cpu is stable/cool enough is to run 2xPrime 95 overnight and make sure it gets the correct values. I don't need to say what happens with incorrect values by the sounds of it :)

hm ... P4s are very sensible to electromigration ... you could end up having a dead cpu from today to tomorrow ...
But tweaking the clock alone should be relative save ... if you lay hand on the core-voltage, the danger increases.

The problem was very eminent on the Northwood core P4 ... but should remain in a lesser level.

SEE: S.N.D.S (Sudden Northwood Death Syndrom)

god_at_hell said:
hm ... P4s are very sensible to electromigration ... you could end up having a dead cpu from today to tomorrow ...
But tweaking the clock alone should be relative save ... if you lay hand on the core-voltage, the danger increases.

The problem was very eminent on the Northwood core P4 ... but should remain in a lesser level.

Isn't it actually electronmigration? Just to be correct...

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher said:
god_at_hell said:

Shut up Spam.

sam fisher said:
god_at_hell said:

Peter, you have a serious "I need to be right all the time" complex. Check yourself man, it's really pathetic.

EDIT: LOL you're wrong, not him. Loser.

No actually i'm asking a question. Is it "electromigration" or "electronmigration".

You DCGM are an idiot. In real life, one word means a very different thing from another! There is a need to get things right. I was just asking which is correct.

Edit: *removed Double post*

And I'm not wrong, electromigration is the term, electron migration is the meaning. It's also known as the hot electron effect, or something like that.

Just incase you didn't know "electro" is the prefix for "electron" :p

Actually, you seem to have contradicted yourself in your previous post.

In real life, one word means a very different thing from another! There is a need to get things right.

So you're saying the two things have different meanings. And then:

Just incase you didn't know "electro" is the prefix for "electron"

You say they mean the same thing. Give up, Sam. Acting pseudointellectual is not helping your cause.

no, I say that electro is the PREFIX for electron. Not that they are the same. Just as Tri is the prefix for 3. Or Prop if you are using greek prefixes.

Giga is the prefix for *10^9, but it doesn't mean they are the same.

A "four-legged (literally footed) animal" is the same as a "quadruped". Quad = four. I don't see how you can differentiate between two things with the same meaning.

well, you can't say I picked up prop pennies off the ground today. Not unless you want to start speaking in psuedo greek. Or you cannot say the each is a giga miles away. You could say "The earth is one gigamile away". But that's not an S.I. unit. So you'd use parsecs or another S.I. unit, i.e. meters, instead.

This place picks on sam too much. Every other thread i read someone is ripping on sam. I don't know why you don't just make the choice to ignore everything he says if he annoys you so much. This time its especially over the top because he really was asking what the correct word is.

Fyvve said:
This place picks on sam too much. Every other thread i read someone is ripping on sam. I don't know why you don't just make the choice to ignore everything he says if he annoys you so much. This time its especially over the top because he really was asking what the correct word is.
Thanks for noticing that, but don't worry. You'll also notice that all the "ripping" is initiated by DCGM or occasionally Nova. I'm used to it, if they feel so intellectually threatened that they go into a fit of rage when ever I ask a question, so be it.

sam fisher said:
Fyvve said:
Thanks for noticing that, but don't worry. You'll also notice that all the "ripping" is initiated by DCGM or occasionally Nova. I'm used to it, if they feel so intellectually threatened that they go into a fit of rage when ever I ask a question, so be it.

hahaha

daclassicgamingmaster said:
sam fisher said:
Fyvve said:

hahaha

Don't get me wrong here. I am not necessarily defending sam, its just that it gets old reading threads that turn into this stupid arguing. Maybe we should make a whole forum for it. That way it wouldn't hijack every other thread.

Nick, are you seriously only 14, or something? You seem at least ten years older, in terms of your posts.

ste_167 said:
Nick, are you seriously only 14, or something? You seem at least ten years older, in terms of your posts.
He is indeed wise beyond his years. I ahve my theories he's an 8 year old brain floating in a saline solution.

Back