Overclocked ST games

centrlink

Website
Visit site
I love Stunt Car Racer, and have found that at frameskip 0 (I hate having to use frameskip), it runs well at 156 mhz.

Sidewinder runs well at frameskip 0 at that speed too - scrolling and collision detection seems smoother.

I'd be interested to hear about any games you've found more enjoyable at a higher clock speed (if you've been game enough to overclock!). :)

Stunt car racer at 160mhz is awsome, played it for a while, as is jimmy White Snooker (archies pool still resets after a while :()

em... Fire & ice is playable too at 160, awsome game

turrican2 runs better overclocked, it has a slight button glitch when running at normal speed which usually causes u to waste a special attack when doing a roll,
its the only game i've tried so far

does overclocking screw up the sound for all games? turrican2 had great music, even the st version wasn't to bad, its a shame to have to compromise it just for a button glitch

Re: Music .. check the announcement ;)

Castawya/GP usually runs an ST at fullspeed or very close to it; for heavy math games, it slows down, or heavy disk access. So overclocking will for those specific games get them up to speed hopefully, but for normal games, it'll run the ST too fast. And what happens when a machine runs too fast (or too slow).. the audio goes weird. (too fast means your audio goes higher pitch, and too slow, means it goes lower pitch, like a lounge singer).

ie: You get the same audio in any speed, its just that if you hear it all faster, its higher pitch; like when you get a record and play it too fast (damn, peopel who've heard records, put your hands up? :).. or when you fast forward a tape, CD, or mp3.. it goes higher pitch.

jeff

Llamatron at 150-156Mhz is now completely playable :)
Also, I have been able to get a reasonable game of Elite2 started at 160Mhz...

I would love to see how Hunter would work at 166Mhz, maybe when Skeezix stops being so bloody busy with real life he could take a look at it? ;)

FYI my GP32 refuses to do anything above 132Mhz :angry:

For me there are a handful of classics that do not yet run:

Sensible Soccer
Hunter
Microsoft Golf

:(

mine is a tad unstable at 156 but still worth the try..

virus is so cool at 156 tho... little hovercraft 3d game where u can trash the environment with your pea shooter.. fun!

stickofjoy posted on Aug 18 2003 said:
FYI my GP32 refuses to do anything above 132Mhz :angry:

For me there are a handful of classics that do not yet run:

Sensible Soccer
Hunter
Microsoft Golf

:(
Kickoff 2 series (currently running slow with no sound)
dino dini's Goal (as above)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dont want to harp on about it, but if the sensible software titles worked the emu would BE THE BEST by far.

the best game overclocked is

xenon 2 :) its very very very good

look posted on Aug 19 2003 said:
didn't you find sensible soccer a tad easy?

kickoff2 is much more hardcore
Sensi Soccer really feels like football to me, and Kick Off lacks a little something. I'd be prepared to give Goal! a try though as I know Dino improived it no end to get to that.

Also, are you sure KO2 should be faster and you're not just wearing those rose tinted nostalgia specs?

matt

stickofjoy posted on Aug 19 2003 said:
Also, are you sure KO2 should be faster and you're not just wearing those rose tinted nostalgia specs?
I admit I'm crazy about the kickoff series including goal

I do like it but sensi is just too easy and not random enough(controversial!)

try kickoff2 on Steem (pc emu) for 100% emulation

Back