Overclocked Stuff

I have a blu, but I'm pretty sure it's only 133mhz...I think? Theres really no way to tell which speed my GP32 is? which Snes emu would be good for me? I've tried a few and their all slow....

Just try it. You can set your GP32 to any clockspeed in those emus. If your GP32 doesn´t overclock that high, it won´t damage it, it will just reboot. Overclocking is 100% risk-free :)

Just try it. You can set your GP32 to any clockspeed in those emus. If your GP32 doesn´t overclock that high, it won´t damage it, it will just reboot. Overclocking is 100% risk-free

Thanks. I didn't know if overclocking would hurt my system.

Could I use one of the overclocking emu's on the post?

Bloodsack - thanks for reminding me... :D your sig, the Castlevania dungeon. I love that site. I used to have them bookmarked before Windows totally crashed and I lost all my bookmarks.... now marked again, many thanks :D Rondo of Blood is a great game and should be required playing for anyone who has played Symphony of the Night (it's direct sequel for all three of you who didn't know). The guy who did the Castlevania dungeon also did a really good site dedicated to Circle of the Moon, wonder if he's since done any others?

Bloodsack - thanks for reminding me... your sig, the Castlevania dungeon. I love that site. I used to have them bookmarked before Windows totally crashed and I lost all my bookmarks.... now marked again, many thanks Rondo of Blood is a great game and should be required playing for anyone who has played Symphony of the Night (it's direct sequel for all three of you who didn't know). The guy who did the Castlevania dungeon also did a really good site dedicated to Circle of the Moon, wonder if he's since done any others?

I used to go to the dungeon myself back in the day. I just remembered the site a few weeks ago and wanted to see if it was still up....low & behold...it was :) I'm a huge Dracula X Rondo of Blood fan! I still have my original copy with my Turboduo :D

I also have a site for Dracula X ISO's. Can't post them here. but if you leave me a message, I'll give ya the link.

It's good to hear from Castlevania fans.

thanks dude :D I already have the game luckily, though I've no duo to play it on :(

Runs more or less perfectly on Magic Engine with what seems like a few sound bugs only, also runs on the PC Engine emu on the Xbox but with even more small sound bugs (some sound effects don't play).

I check Ebay quite frequently for the perfect Duo for a good price... would LOVE a duo R. But they still go for way too much IMO. Playing it on the Xbox is ALMOST as good if only for those missing sounds :(

please tell me if i have missed this, but i'm looking for a 192mhz version of osnes9x for my blu+

thanks in advance

Hey guys. I sat on my lazy ass for three days now for helping to keep the GP32 alive. Now check this for me, please. Some lower Speeds were added or corrected to be more stable and of course higher ones were added. Have fun.

I built some Emus with the new Frequences. I suggest NOT to use simple Batteries.

Frequences:
osnes9x 0.x
133=166
140=216
150=224
156=236
160=244
166=256

snes9x
133=244

This is a 7Zip!!!

os9xgp03:When renamed to os9xgp,Settings can not be saved. Turning sound on crashes the emu. When not renamed it suffers the same bugs as the 02 version (mentioned herein).This should be fixable, bothered to tell me what the basis of that version is? Is it the one made by Khaos?

os9xgp02: Doesn't work at all. When renamed to os9xgp.fxe it freezes after selecting the clockspeed, when NOT renamed it doesn't load zipped roms. Also my unzipped Super Mario World ROM (Mario.smc) froze at a black screen after launching it. Entering the menu crashed the emu. I am trying to fix that version. If it doesn't work, I'll try to overclock it myself.

didn't try snes9xgp, as my GP32 is not capable of 244MHz, but you probably know that (as it was your GP32 first ;) )

EDIT:

Allright, I made myself a fixed version of os9xgp02, and it all works now, zipped roms, sound etc. when renamed to os9xgp.fxe. However, this ONLY works for me at a clockspeed of 133=166MHz. 140=216 gives really weird behaviour. It might be possible that my GP32 is capable of 214MHz, but not 216, not sure on that one. Anyways, I uploaded my fixed version of 0.2 so any one with GP32's capable of the speeds can test it.

View attachment 259

Got GFX error when running at 216 Mhz. Whenyou start to play the first level (Donkey Kong Country) the screen is all mesy and you can't see anything at all... Tried with Osnes9x 0.3.

Edit: I have a NLU, no pencil trick and capable of running at 220Mhz 100% stable (sometimes bug on 256Mhz with GPQuake).

Edit2: Working at 216Mhz, could you make one with 220Mhz?

OS9XGP (both versions): Stable @ 224, hangs @ 236.

BLU (non-plus), pencil-tricked from 166 -> 232, modded to run on rechargable CRV-3 Li-Ion cells, had to delete the old CFG file in GPETC folder to boot it.

@psyko_chewbacca I try to improve my Overclocking skills. After that I'll build you one, or Horscht, if he's faster.

And thanks to all testers from my side, too.

P.S. Pencil trick RULZ! (166-> 244)

I tested Horschts Versions, too. They work as fast as mine, but more stable and have Sound and animation at the beginning.

Here some "benchmarks"
0.2 @ 244 MHz in Game "Terranigma" -> Constant 10 fps when running through Krysta
0.3 @ 244 MHz in Game "Terranigma" -> Constant 12 fps when running through Krysta

I use Frameskip 2, 8 bit Grafics and Sound, 22 KHz Sound Mono and Fast Sprites Hack. Additionally I found out, that Sound in 0.3 runs too fast = too high frequencies and on 0.2 it stutters back to sync and has normal frequencies. I already contacted the YoYo trio and they said that they'll look at it when they have some freetime. They are programming a SNES Emu for PSP right now.

P.S. The Emus show 80% Speed most of the time. That seems to be the right niveau to set the game back to normal speed. Try to "slow it down" to this niveau by playing around on sound and grafics. My options mentioned above are almost perfect for 244 MHz.

So, the clockspeeds are most probably stable, and it was my GP32 playing tricks on me. I wont be Hexing any files today, as my little nephew celbrates his first birthday, but I'll make another one tomorrow, with 6 different clockspeeds (if there are enough :p ).

So, check back tomorrow for new ones, unless Emu&Co makes some himself

cya Horscht

@Emu&Co: Übrigens finde ich es angebrachter, den Autor String immer unverändert zu lassen, so dass der richtige Emu-Autor drin steht. Wir Editieren ja schlieslich nur. Also, für den Fall dass du das machts: -> YoYoFr drin stehen lassen oder eben reinschreiben.

Back