Overclocking question

sebr.porte

Still Fresh
I'm not very good at the technical stuff so this might sound stupid. Does increasing the OPP value to, say, 5 automatically reduce lifespan, even without going over 600Mhz?

Also what cpu speeds does each one allow(example, OPP3=xxxmhz - xxxmhz)?

nope OPP5 just allows for a greater range of voltages at 600 it should still use opp3 automatically (unless you change it)

It depends on the unit mine does around 850 opp3 and 950 opp5 some are lower some higher

nope OPP5 just allows for a greater range of voltages at 600 it should still use opp3 automatically (unless you change it)

It depends on the unit mine does around 850 opp3 and 950 opp5 some are lower some higher

Oh, I see. Is there any way I could check mine?

The only way to find out is to test for yourself. Keep increasing the clock speed until your system freezes and you have to do a forced reboot. Thats how I did it anyways.

The only way to find out is to test for yourself. Keep increasing the clock speed until your system freezes and you have to do a forced reboot. Thats how I did it anyways.

Then in that case I will try. Thanks for the help guys :)

As far as I know, it doesn't currently scale the OPP level: setting it does fix the voltage at a higher rate, no matter what the Pandora is doing.

As far as I know, it doesn't currently scale the OPP level: setting it does fix the voltage at a higher rate, no matter what the Pandora is doing.

Nope, it scaled from the very beginning.

Going down to 200MHz will also decrease the voltage no matter what OPP you set as maximum.

Back