Overclocking With The Gp2x

How much of an impact does 40 mhz of clock speed has?
If my gp2x can only go up to 266 - would it be worth to replace it?
Is there still any chance for playble psx games on it?

How much of an impact does 40 mhz of clock speed has?
If my gp2x can only go up to 266 - would it be worth to replace it?
Is there still any chance for playble psx games on it?

Well, if you replaced it, you could end up with a lower clocked system too. 40mhz is a useful speed boost. I know the neo geo emulator can be overclocked to 266 to get it running smoothly with sound, so I suggest just appreciating what you have, it's still 66mhz more than it should be :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's true, though I would really like seeing Legends of mana and Castlevania on my machine :p

GP32z.com indicated that they'd be willing to guarantee a 280MHz GP2X (I asked because I figured friends of mine might fall in love with mine when it arrives from Europe).

However, they take 1 to 2 days to respond to your e-mails, and sometimes need to be e-mailed twice to respond.

Edit: Never heard anyone say anything bad about their end product shipment or returns, however.

This thread is very helpful, thank you!

Could someone explain what these bolded parameters mean, what changing them does, and why you would change them +/-

The first parameter sets the clock-generator. Choose 0 for FPLL and 1 for UPLL.
The second parameter sets the prescaler for the LCD-timing. Get your prefered values with the graphical-menue. Choose values between
-20 and 36 for FPLL-mode and -5 and 10 for UPLL-mode.
The third parameter sets the CPU-frequency in MHz. Choose a value between 33MHz and 320MHz.
If you use values which are too high or too low, the program exits without changing anything.
The forth parameter sets the gamma-value. You can use values from 0.02 up to 10 where 0.02 is dark and 10 is bright.

?

Back