Override Icon, Title, Clock Speed, Etc..

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
I think few people are looking over at the 'unofficial' user manual, but theres some good tidbits in there.

Check this section out, for instance:
http://pandorawiki.org/User_manual#If_I_want_to_override_the_.PND_icon.2C_name.2C_or_other_settings.2C_how.3F_.28Slightly_advanced_topic.29

Some applications specify a clock-speed in the pnd file (in the PXML descriptor.) for instance; others do not. If they do not, you can just alter your system speed on the fly and are good; but if an app does specify a system speed, you may want to override it, for instance.

Likewise, you might wish to alter the app's published name (to change sort ordering), or alter the published categories (move it where you want), or change the icon, etc.

Let me know if you need any more documentation about this sort of thing; I wrote up docs for that wiki, but I might well not have been clear enough. (And such changes work for both minimenu and xfce and other DE's you might adopt.)

jeff

Sorry if this is out of context but i want to boot my pandora at 800mhz instead of changing when in the os ,can this be done ? also i think we need a place for the angstrom repo to offer help ,i am currently installing stuff via the terminal as instructed by Ed ,i have managed to install gnome games package and epdfviewer but i also tried gimp and totem player along wih some xscreensavers and gnome screensaver pkg but they did not install ,however gimp did install but just didn't do anything when i tried to run it.

I was thinking mabe some stuff needed root terminal but i don't know the root password.

Also we need to be able to install to sd as nand is too small.

It is possible changing the CPU Speed on boot (just make a script for it), we we don't want to support that as it can lead to problem.

Also, be sure that you don't mess around on the NAND too much (with installing new big packages, etc.) as NAND wears out WAY faster than an SD Card - and you don't want to get a lot of broken blocks.
This can render your NAND unusable!

EvilDragon said:
It is possible changing the CPU Speed on boot (just make a script for it), we we don't want to support that as it can lead to problem.

Also, be sure that you don't mess around on the NAND too much (with installing new big packages, etc.) as NAND wears out WAY faster than an SD Card - and you don't want to get a lot of broken blocks.
This can render your NAND unusable!

Thanks Ed but i have no idea how to make a script ,can someone point me in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back