Oxo V0.6

BenScar

What does this do again?
Website
Visit site
It's been a while (with a few internal versions) but it's here now! OXO with an unbeatable AI.
Either of the players can now be a human, stupid AI or a smart AI. Any combination of the 3 types can set up.
Pressing the left shoulder button with two AI players set up will have it play itself, continually (untill you press it again)
mainnew.png
With a lot of input from Mark Hutson (show your face and post, take a bow!) there is now a much better default skin. Look forward to more skins from him (Transformers being one on the go at the moment).[cut]
Available from the usual places
The File Archive and
my Web Space.
Also available in windows version on my site, should you want to play it a little more :)

Skinning method and source code included.
Go ahead and have a play.[/cut]

Yeah, if you go first, you ALWAYS win.

I think I figured that out when I was 6, or maybe a bit younger. :rolleyes:

If you go first, there's only one response that will stop you winning, and that always leads to a draw. Similarly if you go second you can always force it to at least a draw.

Losing at oxo is pretty hard.

You can't win at oxo... (insert wargames quote here..)

In any game where two players know what they're doing it will be a draw every time. That's why it's a favourite of children - they haven't worked that out yet...

The best an 'unbeatable' AI could ever do would be to draw every time, unless it's playing against a child.

Are you serious? Look up on google how to always win/tie at Tic-Tac-Toe/OXO
If you're playing someone else, I'll agree you can have them make a mistake, although with two people who know TicTacToe it should always be a draw.

Can you do me a favor? Have a go a beating Toe, it's the same code in JavaScript as the SmartAI.
I have noticed that the Toe game always makes you go first, you can make the AI go first depending on how it's set up. That might be the reason, need to play some more!

The best an 'unbeatable' AI could ever do would be to draw every time, unless it's playing against a child.
Which is what the "Unbeatable" AI should do, if you play it against itself it will only ever draw (of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back