Padora

chris_c

I envision something the thickness of the Pandoras lcd half of the clam-shell but in width and height only a little larger than the actual lcd itself - so no speakers, in order to keep it as slim as possible the two sd slots would be micro sd slots - there would be a headphone socket and just the micro usb - with no keyboard the primary interface would the touchscreen - I would want to write a custom interface for fingers not stylus which would consist of cmus like media player and pim functions, as there is no joysticks and only if there is room an accelerometer would be useful for measuring tilt...

The basic idea is to eliminate the hinge and be focused more on pda type functionality while keeping it as slim and light as possible - quite where the battery would go is another matter...

sounds like an iPhone to me, just without the phone.

the big difference being that unlike the i*** you can develop what you want and sell it where you want - ie you own the hardware not apple...

take a look in the other consoles sub forum. There are lots of links to devices like the one you describe there.

chris_c said:
the big difference being that unlike the i*** you can develop what you want and sell it where you want - ie you own the hardware not apple...
That is called a jailbroken iPod touch..

Last edited by a moderator:
Its easy to develop what you want for iPhone, just get the developer tools set up (yes, you do have to register with Apple, big deal) and away you go. I have apps on my iPhone that Apple will *never* approve, and I haven't jailbroken it!

Back