Pandora As Sd Card Reader, Will It Happen?

You will never to need to connect it to your computer anymore after you install angstrom for the first time. When you need to reflash you just need to download the update with the pandora. remove the old one from the internal memory and install the new one.

'Mithrildor' said:
You will never to need to connect it to your computer anymore after you install angstrom for the first time. When you need to reflash you just need to download the update with the pandora. remove the old one from the internal memory and install the new one.
um...

Just to clarify one more time:

I'm asking: Can I plug an SD card into the Pandora, plug the Pandora into some random Windows PC over a USB cable, and then read the SD card from Windows?

I say Windows because it's just the default generic OS that comes with public computers. My computer runs Linux and has at least 4 better ways to access the SD card.

Last edited by a moderator:
'lulzfish' said:
"(Not me, though. I just added it to my Adblock+ blacklist.)"

Good thinking. Instead of yelling at me, you just solved the problem directly.
Not really, that's just getting around the problem, not solving it at source...

I'm asking: Can I plug an SD card into the Pandora, plug the Pandora into some random Windows PC over a USB cable, and then read the SD card from Windows?

Yes. I'm 99% certain that the Pandora will just be treated as 2 mass storage devices.

'lulzfish' said:
I think it's pretty safe to answer "yes" to that. The Nokia tablets work that way, just using standard Linux components. So, if the Pandora doesn't do that out of the box then it should still be easy to make it work that way.

'Pleng' said:
Yes. I'm 99% certain that the Pandora will just be treated as 2 mass storage devices.
Or 3... or more if the pandora has other disks attached. Actually, probably can't do the internal flash unless pandora goes into a mode that stops you doing anything with else with it - it wouldn't work with pandora also writing stuff while using it as a mass storage, I'm pretty sure this is a big no no for USB MSDs.

Well, the internal flash could be mounted read-only or not mounted, I just wanted to know if I could use it as an SD reader.

Although it would also be interesting to use it as a USB wireless NIC.

Back