pandian - MARK2

Ive add http://pandorawiki.org/Pandian#Fluxbox_tweaks

But there is still a problem with nm-applet... its only work if you run it as root ...

I'am not familiar with dbus-stuff ( actually i don't like it, it is just to complicated and unstable and everybody use it ;) ... )

should we switch to wcid as default network-manager ?
Hi,

I just installed pandian and, after installing pandian, pandian-lxde packages, I did a dist-upgrade and nm-applet is working without a problem.
After setting SLIM as my login manager, nm-applet only works if I run it as root. It worked with LightDM

After setting SLIM as my login manager, nm-applet only works if I run it as root. It worked with LightDM

After setting SLIM as my login manager, nm-applet only works if I run it as root. It worked with LightDM.
I think there is a problem with consolekit.

ck-sessions-list reports empty login-session-id.
Ah okay, thank you for the hint, i will investigate in this direction.

EDIT: Thanks !!! that was the problem. I've fix this immediately in the packages and upload them. Nevertheless i've add support for wicd, if someone want to use it :)

Also i get the CPU-Tool finished and add to pndcmd, that pandian remembers the state of the pandora at shutdown and restore it on boot :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this question is a bit nooby, but what's the reason for switching the display manager?

By the way: When I upgraded to Pandian .5 I had to choose one of those. I selected slim. However, slim fails starting every time, but LightDM starts. The whole system works fine, though. I have no problem with nm-applet.

Ah okay, thank you for the hint, i will investigate in this direction.

EDIT: Thanks !!! that was the problem. I've fix this immediately in the packages and upload them. Nevertheless i've add support for wicd, if someone want to use it :)

Also i get the CPU-Tool finished and add to pndcmd, that pandian remembers the state of the pandora at shutdown and restore it on boot :)
Upgrading right now...

Could you share the info which packet(s) did you change?

Maybe this question is a bit nooby, but what's the reason for switching the display manager? By the way: When I upgraded to Pandian .5 I had to choose one of those. I selected slim. However, slim fails starting every time, but LightDM starts. The whole system works fine, though. I have no problem with nm-applet.
I believe there is no reason. I use slim on 3 PC and I like to use it on pandian. There are some problems, so we try to fix them.

Maybe this question is a bit nooby, but what's the reason for switching the display manager?

By the way: When I upgraded to Pandian .5 I had to choose one of those. I selected slim. However, slim fails starting every time, but LightDM starts. The whole system works fine, though. I have no problem with nm-applet.
Hmm.. this is strange. How do you upgrade in terminal or graphical? I tried the upgrade with the basic version of pandian to 0.5 and it works without any problem.

Upgrading right now... Could you share the info which packet(s) did you change?
Easy, easy, i've upload it to the evilbrain-server, to test the packages before i upload it to openpandora.org ;) ( actually my pandora upgrades )

Update of packages:

Okay, ive upload the new packages. The following has changed:

evilnet-fluxbox (0.4-0):

• locale now set LC_ALL
  • slim login command changed to ck-launch-session to fix nm-applet
  • autostart now try to start nm-applet and wicd-client

pandian-x11 (0.6-0):

• add pdXcpu - an tool to setup cpu-speed

pandian-fluxbox (0.6-3)

• Add CPU Speed entry and remove Audio section from the menu

pandian (0.6-2)

• pause processes at Low-Power-Mode
  • pandian now save the actual state of CPU, LCD and WLAN on shutdown and restore it on boot
  • add missing brf6300.bin for bluetooth support

Sources can be found here:

http://pandian.openpandora.org/debian/pool/pandian/source/

Access to my mercurial-repo coming soon :)

There are no nooby questions ;)

Well i like the K.I.S.S principle and slim seems for me a simple solution to login :)

btw its not a problem to use another DM, we are on debian, so we have the choice 

Hmm.. this is strange. How do you upgrade in terminal or graphical? I tried the upgrade with the basic version of pandian to 0.5 and it works without any problem.
I use a terminal emulator on top of the X11, so the answer is graphical. I couldn't find a way to boot into cli mode. If there is one in the graphical version of Pandian, please tell me how to boot into cli.

The same thing happened to me. I upgraded this evening. I had to change /etc/X11/default-display-manager to /usr/bin/slim to have slim start up automatically. The default was /usr/sbin/lightdm.

Release of 0.5 Packages
Just to say thanks for this. I upgraded this evening and most things are working well.

I used synaptic to upgraded and forgot to follow your instructions so upgraded all kinds of things at once. Worked luckily. I did upgrade nm-applet but probably shouldn't have. It works but not entirely properly. Nothing major, however.

Thanks again.

1GHz Pandora:

Could someone please post if the cpu-speed-tool works for the 1GHz pandora ? My pandora is an good and classic 600MHz :)

also "cat /proc/cpuinfo" will be really helpful to optimize this

1GHz Pandora:

Could someone please post if the cpu-speed-tool works for the 1GHz pandora ? My pandora is an good and classic 600MHz :)

also "cat /proc/cpuinfo" will be really helpful to optimize this
Code:
#cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor    : ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
BogoMIPS    : 1020.68
Features    : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls
CPU implementer    : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant    : 0x3
CPU part    : 0xc08
CPU revision    : 2

Hardware    : Pandora Handheld Console
Revision    : 0020
Serial        : 0000000000000000

The same thing happened to me. I upgraded this evening. I had to change /etc/X11/default-display-manager to /usr/bin/slim to have slim start up automatically. The default was /usr/sbin/lightdm.
Just had to do also

OK I changed default display to slim and it would only boot to console.

I changed it back to lightdm and still console.

Can someone post their default display manager config file?

Back