pandian - MARK3 - beta

What I ended up to get wifi working again is running "/etc/init.d/wl1251-init start" to start wifi and "/etc/init.d/wl1251-init stop" to stop wifi for now . USBHost still no luck for me though.

thanks stackshadow for loooking into it.
correctly
when you use the Trigger-Wifi entry inside the fluxbox-menu it uses the /usr/pandora/scripts/op_wifi.sh

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z2 mit Tapatalk

I solved the problem!  The problem is due to udev.  Luckily, the old version (215) was in my /var/cache/apt/archives directory so I installed it (along with the library) and everything works fine.

There must be a rule change in the latest version (220) of udev that causes problems with the firmware loading.  Do not upgrade udev until this is fixed.

I solved the problem! The problem is due to udev. Luckily, the old version (215) was in my /var/cache/apt/archives directory so I installed it (along with the library) and everything works fine.

There must be a rule change in the latest version (220) of udev that causes problems with the firmware loading. Do not upgrade udev until this is fixed.
Thanks eric for investigation !

I solved the problem!  The problem is due to udev.  Luckily, the old version (215) was in my /var/cache/apt/archives directory so I installed it (along with the library) and everything works fine.

There must be a rule change in the latest version (220) of udev that causes problems with the firmware loading.  Do not upgrade udev until this is fixed.
Does USBHost come back after you installed the old version back?  USBHost still not working for me.  I followed you instruction and install the old udev "sudo gebi   udev_215-17+deb8u1_armhf.deb".  Is there anything else I have to do after this installation?  I don't understand your "along with the library".  Doesn't gdebi also install the required library as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does USBHost come back after you installed the old version back?  USBHost still not working for me.  I followed you instruction and install the old udev "sudo gebi   udev_215-17+deb8u1_armhf.deb".  Is there anything else I have to do after this installation?  I don't understand your "along with the library".  Doesn't gdebi also install the required library as well?
I don't know about USBHost. If I get a chance later, I will check it out.  What's the easiest way to test?  I don't tend to use the USB ports for anything other than charging.

To get WiFi back, I had to revert both udev and libudev1 from version 220 to version 215. I couldn't do just one of them due to mutual dependencies. Did you install the old library package as well?

the wiki is not for mark3 (beta). We dropped the pdcmd and switch to the official pandora scripts. Thats for wifi in /usr/pandora/scripts/op_wifi.sh
Ah, thanks, I was not aware of this. I'll check out the official scripts then!

I am not talking about the mini usb port. I am talking about the big USB port. The the one you normally plug anythin USB 2.0 related stuff like external hard drives, USB Wifi dongle, etc. Before upgrade, I used to run the op_usbhost.sh script in /usr/pandora/script directory and it just work. Now it doesn't turn it on.

I am not talking about the mini usb port. I am talking about the big USB port.
Yes, I understood you, hence my use of the plural... :) The problem is that I have not used the big port for anything in a long time. I'll try to dig out a thumb drive from somewhere and try. I'll get back to you later.

Looking at the changelog for udev, I note the following entry in version 217-1:

* Drop installation of 50-firmware.rules, not shipped upstream any more.
Firmware loading is now exclusively done by the kernel.

and I don't see anything in changes post 220 that reverts this or mentions anything to do with firmware loading.  Whether this is relevant or not is unclear (to me)...

Looking at the changelog for udev, I note the following entry in version 217-1:

Code:
* Drop installation of 50-firmware.rules, not shipped upstream any more.
    Firmware loading is now exclusively done by the kernel.
and I don't see anything in more recent changes that reverts this. Whether this is relevant or not is unclear (to me)...
Sounds not good. maybe we need to ship the 50-firmware.rules with one of the pandora-debian package. But i think the developer use an newer kernel than the one on the pandora. If its an Kernel problem we need to write an ugly patch

You need to add the sid repo. But please do this with an Test-System on another SD-Card (to not crash your current half-running-system ;) )

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z2 mit Tapatalk

Ok so I tried to install the new udev in the sid repo and now Wifi stop working.  It complains missing firmware but the firmware is there.  Also, USBhost works as it recognized the external hard drive, but it can't seem to load the wifi driver for the USB wifi stick even though the firm ware is also there.

Ok so I tried to install the new udev in the sid repo and now Wifi stop working.  It complains missing firmware but the firmware is there.  Also, USBhost works as it recognized the external hard drive, but it can't seem to load the wifi driver for the USB wifi stick even though the firm ware is also there.
So pretty much as expected: the change introduced in version 217-1 of udev is incompatible with the kernel being used by Pandian.

Damn. So i try to recompile the kernel (its the official one ;) ) or i make an dirty kernel patch (or somebody else can do it ?)

Say, question: how does Pandian handle the Pandora's blob requirements? Does it have the wireless blob installed from the Debian non-free repository, or is it a separate add-on that has to be removed manually? And if it's the latter, what has to be done to remove all proprietary software which has been added?

Asking because it looks like Pandian will probably serve my purposes better than SuperZaxxon.

Back