pandora accessories idea

DobsonatorX

Still Fresh
as ive seen on many threads. people want r2 and l2 buttons, mainly for playstation emulator.

i thought of an accessory that clips onto the pandora.

ive made two screenshots of something i made on google sketchup.

screen 1.png

screen 2.png

did you take into account the fact you'll need to have the wires from them soldered inside?

some kind of vaguely easily moddable contacts on the back of the case would work i guess

so bassicly what this is. is an accessory that clips on adding the extra buttons needed and two extra usb ports.

also additional ideas is that it has a usb hub built in to iron out the usb high speed problem.

a rumble motor similar to that in phones for vibration feedback in ps1, n64 games etc...

this device plugs into the existing usb port on the pandora. and maybe the accessory could had additional media storage built in.

did you take into account the fact you'll need to have the wires from them soldered inside?

some kind of vaguely easily moddable contacts on the back of the case would work i guess
there will be no modification to the pandora at all. its basicly a usb controller giving only r1, r2, l1 l2 buttons covering up the ttriger buttons the pandora already has

there will be no modification to the pandora at all. its basicly a usb controller giving only r1, r2, l1 l2 buttons covering up the ttriger buttons the pandora already has

could work, just assumed you meant using the l2 and r2 pads that exist on the pandoras pcb :)
oh hell no. id never think of doing anything to a pandora. its cud break it. this is just an easy clip on accessory.

As I am fairly new to the scene I have to ask: How come the Pandora was never built with L2/R2 shoulder buttons to begin with?

to keep its size at a minimum
That's fair enough. Well, I think such an accessory would pretty nifty to have. If it is indeed possible to make for the Pandora, sign me up!

As I am fairly new to the scene I have to ask: How come the Pandora was never built with L2/R2 shoulder buttons to begin with?

There are actually pads on the PCB for L2/R2 but like people said space was a concern..

So are there apps that make use of the R2, L2 ?

Or would that have to be added ?

Cool idea, but what about the power socket? :|

that would be easy to do a pasthrough for, just a socket and connector, would need to do the same for the ext port aswell

So are there apps that make use of the R2, L2 ?

Or would that have to be added ?

do'nt think there's any that required them yet, but anything that can rebind the keys should be able to map them (no idea what they're mapped to off the top of my head though)

when i get my pandora ill make a prototype of this and youtube video of it to show what i want this accessory to do.

i dont know where anyone got the idea of opening up the pandora to use the contacts on the motherboard. all this is is a clip on usb controller(just the trigger button part of it)

i dont know where anyone got the idea of opening up the pandora to use the contacts on the motherboard

my bad XD but there has been lots of talk about people adding the L2 and R2 using the builtin pads, along with ways of making the keymat translucent so the keypad backlight pads can have a use/etc

i dont know where anyone got the idea of opening up the pandora to use the contacts on the motherboard

my bad XD but there has been lots of talk about people adding the L2 and R2 using the builtin pads, along with ways of making the keymat translucent so the keypad backlight pads can have a use/etc
i say good luck to whom ever wants to add leds to these pads. ive seen pictures of the motherboard. there are no places where surface mountable leds could be placed. as for making the keymat able to work with the leds is almost impossible because the rubber used is pure black rubber and isnt translucent.

i had a similar idea to this a while back. you could buy up spare battery compartments, and what i would do then is mold something like the bottom half of a game controller, with the L2 and R2 buttons on it. this would go around the whole bottom of the console to give a more comfortable and less square grip along with those buttons. the whole unit would connect via usb for the switches, so no internal modding. a usb hub could be added, possibly along with some kind of 3G dongle, inside the hand grips, maybe some additional storage, which would all connect to the USB hub. it wouldnt be the most on the go friendly setup, but it would make it more comfortable for more intensive gaming times.

the logistics of it all though is a little complicated though, getting the perfect shape and getting it made.

Back