Pandora And Gph?

linc186

Still Fresh
What if OpenPandora went to GPH, and GPH would mass produce them at a higher rate, for a percent of the cut. Would this work? Discuss.

I may be misremembering, but I have this memory of Craig saying that GPH was approached at one point, and they weren't interested.

My apologies to Craig if I've gotten this wrong - I can't seem to remember where it was said at this moment in time.

I'm sure Craig did say something about it also. either that or they said they should make their console more like blah blah and they then did something strange or w/e. Hopefully once the first batch is out there the second will be much faster.

joseluisjazz said:
noooooooooooooooooooo

darth-vader-funny.jpg

Edit: I just realised that GPH have released two consoles since people ordered their Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
As awesome as it is, the Pandora doesn't fit into GPH's idea of what a perfect console should be.

SomeGuy99 said:
Edit: I just realised that GPH have released two consoles since people ordered their Pandora.
Yeah. There were 'Wiz vs Pandora release date' threads a while ago.
Lol.

quadomatic said:
Nova said:
As awesome as it is, the Pandora doesn't fit into GPH's idea of what a perfect console should be.

Yeah, "quality product" is not something I think GPH knows they should be aiming for.
lol'd.

quadomatic said:
Nova said:

Yeah, "quality product" is not something I think GPH knows they should be aiming for.

Can we please stay on topic? This is not a Wiz/Caanoo vs Pandora thread.

They were utterly uninterested, but then again they are utterly uninterested in their OWN products - none of them could use the GP2X when we met them.

It really is just a business to them.

Señor RavensFjord said:
craigix said:

I completely and utterly fail to see the problem with that.

They have no interest in the community or what you want from a device. They just want to make money however they can. They will never try to evolve the hand held industry in any way because evolution of the scene is of no interest to them.

Do you still fail to understand why this is not a good thing?

At the very least, everyone can agree than OP have tried to push things forwards.

craigix said:
Señor RavensFjord said:
craigix said:

I completely and utterly fail to see the problem with that.

They have no interest in the community or what you want from a device. They just want to make money however they can. They will never try to evolve the hand held industry in any way because evolution of the scene is of no interest to them.

Do you still fail to understand why this is not a good thing?

Sorry but yeah...I'm a firm believer in that if you do something well, don't do it for free. GPH makes quality products and people buy them. I've seen their products being sold on the most obscure of sites and the feedback people leave for their products is always stellar. I'm pretty sure they do have interest in the community...just go take a look at their facebook page where they take their time to answer people's questions directly, and as for evolving the industry, just look at the caanoo. Feelings about the console aside, I don't know of another handheld strictly gaming console that has a gyroscope and a vibration motor. I realize you're really a top dog on this site and you're the last person a newbie like myself wants to find himself in an argument with, but I really do fail to see it your way.

SomeGuy99 said:
At the very least, everyone can agree than OP have tried to push things forwards.

Oh absolutely. I think that the Pandora is amazing and I wish I had the money for it.

Señor RavensFjord said:
Feelings about the console aside, I don't know of another handheld strictly gaming console that has a gyroscope and a vibration motor

By that logic, the Gizmondo should have conquered the world! In 2005 it had a Camera, Mobile connection (gprs), GPS, Bluetooth and vibration.

I doubt that something like Pandora really fits with the kind of handhelds they sell. GPH is probably more interesting in selling substantially cheaper devices using more Korean parts - from the looks of it, MES SoC at the heart of it, although who knows how long they'll be able to keep doing this.

Exophase said:
I doubt that something like Pandora really fits with the kind of handhelds they sell. GPH is probably more interesting in selling substantially cheaper devices using more Korean parts - from the looks of it, MES SoC at the heart of it, although who knows how long they'll be able to keep doing this.

It depends if they can keep making them cheaper and/or high quality. If they were still making these kinds of machines in ten years, but for... £30-£40? Who knows.

SomeGuy99 said:
Señor RavensFjord said:
Feelings about the console aside, I don't know of another handheld strictly gaming console that has a gyroscope and a vibration motor

By that logic, the Gizmondo should have conquered the world! In 2005 it had a Camera, Mobile connection (gprs), GPS, Bluetooth and vibration.

How does that have anything to do with what I said there? I did not claim that the caanoo is better than anything else simply because those features are part of it, I merely stated that it is the only console right now that is equipped with them. I know I'm rooting for the wrong team being in the Pandora section and I'll be tried and hanged by the Pandora fanatics, but you need to look at what I'm saying without the mentality that you are superior to anyone that has a taste for another gaming console.

Señor RavensFjord said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Señor RavensFjord said:

How does that have anything to do with what I said there? I did not claim that the caanoo is better than anything else simply because those features are part of it, I merely stated that it is the only console right now that is equipped with them. I know I'm rooting for the wrong team being in the Pandora section and I'll be tried and hanged by the Pandora fanatics, but you need to look at what I'm saying without the mentality that you are superior to anyone that has a taste for another gaming console.

I'm not superior to anyone.

I'm not a Pandora fanboy, even though I own one (I seem to have developed an image for Pandora hating, if anything).

I own a GP2X too. I like it very much. I also owned a GP32.

I was just pointing out that the Gizmondo has unique features for a console too, but that didn't help it.

You seem very defensive buddy :)

Back