Release Pandora apps auto post?

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Do you think that Pandora apps should auto post a thread for every new upload? It sort of automates the process and gets in to the news feed.

Could be. But I think it should be in read only thread where only Pandora Apps could posts. On other side, this page should be on Pandra Apps site (page with updates from last login, last month...)

Edit: And with link to proper page on Pandora Apps site please :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be. But I think it should be in read only thread where only Pandora Apps could posts. On other side, this page should be on Pandra Apps site (page with updates from last login, last month...)

Edit: And with link to proper page on Pandora Apps site please :)

Why read only I thought it could be like an automated thread for the app so it can be discussed. Like is happening on gp32x.de already but not for every app.

Do you think that Pandora apps should auto post a thread for every new upload? It sort of automates the process and gets in to the news feed.

It would probably only lead to abuse... Something silly would happen like that the posts from the Pandora Apps site would circumvent some kind of restriction that this board would otherwise impose.

Also: are you really up to implementing a BBCode parser for the Pandora Apps' description fields (and an accompanying editor)? Because people will want to use rich texts in their announcement posts, and if that text (presumably) is copied from the PA description field/etc...

Why read only I thought it could be like an automated thread for the app so it can be discussed. Like is happening on gp32x.de already but not for every app.
Err, Maybe I misunderstood a little. I guess that it could be thread where Pandora Apps automatically announced new uploads (updates) to it. If it could be whole "sub-forum", where Pandora Apps will be made new thread for every new upload... then "why not". :)

Would it then be possible to bump each original topic when the program has an update posted?

A new post in a dedicated thread for the app would be perfect. Just make sure that no-one can post in the thread so the update can be clearly seen.

+1 for a thread per application.

Perhaps something like a release history using spoiler tags for changelogs in the first post would be useful.

That would be really a nice idea....

I don't think the two topics about the appstore belong in the betasection. There is nothing to try right now. maybe open a new topic in the devsection about the appstore and move the posts there.

It would be cool to have the full description + screenshots and or video posted for each new app. And the twit could link to it.

But no need to create a new thread for updated version, in that case a reply to the app's thread should be enough.

Maybe a good idea, maybe not. Right now, I'm thinking that an RSS feed, combined with the Pandora Apps comment system, would be all that's needed.

There's @PandoraApps which posts new/updated apps. It has an RSS feed. ;)

Also I love this idea, there could be a subforum where the only threads are for apps, maybe they could be split up into forum categories as well so all the apps aren't in one place? Then you could browse those categories, find the thread and discuss the app.

Back