Pandora As Part Of Dj Equipment

Game_over

Game Developer
I can't think of a gaming system that hasn't been used as a DJ/VJ assisting device. I think the Pandora coupled with a suit of MIDI and loop management apps, for example, would be a huge thing for the community. What do you think?

Game_over said:
I can't think of a gaming system that hasn't been used as a DJ/VJ assisting device. I think the Pandora coupled with a suit of MIDI and loop management apps, for example, would be a huge thing for the community. What do you think?
I like the idea, i once went to see a drum and bass/triphop band that got members of the audience to play games (like mario and tekken) and used the sounds in their music, it was fun. With all the emulated games you could do that with the pandora.

Also because it has a touch screen could you not impliment some sort of touch synth like the KORG KAOSSILATOR? I think it will be something to look into when it's released :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Lineus said:
atomicthumbs said:
Game_over said:
I can't think of a gaming system that hasn't been used as a DJ/VJ assisting device.
Magnavox Oddysey

Well, if you light it on fire and place a Firby in the wreckage.... It makes some pretty interesting sounds then.

I call anachronism: Fire wasn't around at the time of the Odyssey.

Karel Jansens said:
Lineus said:
atomicthumbs said:
Game_over said:
I can't think of a gaming system that hasn't been used as a DJ/VJ assisting device.
Magnavox Oddysey

Well, if you light it on fire and place a Firby in the wreckage.... It makes some pretty interesting sounds then.

I call anachronism: Fire wasn't around at the time of the Odyssey.

Fair enough, you win. **bows**

It would also be interesting if we could scribble the songs using the touchscreen. I've always wanted to do that. It would be perfect. Or you could try to scribble using the two analog sticks.

Why DJ/VJ wouldn't just use a laptop?
because it's too big! Doesn't fits in a jean pockect

I'm myself using my GP2X for my VJ sets :)

You can circuit bend a Odyssey, hell, you can make sounds with the original brown box.

Those are all good ideas though. If you want to be cool (like me) you don't want to just use a laptop for your sets. For example there is this DJ who uses two wiimotes with LEDs stuck on them for all of his scratching, cross-fading, transitioning, etc. You got to give someone that extra little bullet-point to come out and see your shows, you know?

Back