Pandora As Pda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebrioloco

Still Fresh
I need a PDA for my work but i can't buy a PDA and the pandora.

Can I use the Pandora for schedule tasks, program alarms... work as date book, calendar, to-do and so on?

I'd like alarms for my dates and events.... Even with the pandora on stand-by mode (or energy saver mode).....

There are plenty of open source programs for Scheduling, dates, calendars, to-dos, contacts, etc.

Setting alarms is most likely not very possible if in standby, however it should be possible to make it clock down to say 10 Mhz and use VERY little battery until it detects that an event such as to activate an alarm.

You could most likely use it as a PDA, however, I would suggest getting a used PDA, a Dell Axim x30 should do you fine(I use one, works with videos too), you can get one for less than 45 USD on ebay I believe.

Sorry Duplicated topic

I searcher pda but it told me "0 results" so i posted.... Please don't punish me!!!

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/47970-pandora-as-a-pda/page__hl__calendar__st__45

Last edited by a moderator:
It would make a great PDA,
I plan on using it for (Open Source!) hardware development as soon as I can figure out how to port Arduino GUI to ARM based core (it can be done).

Kloplop321 said:
Setting alarms is most likely not very possible if in standby, however it should be possible to make it clock down to say 10 Mhz and use VERY little battery until it detects that an event such as to activate an alarm.
i thought i heard that it could in fact be used in standby, since the internal clock is still ticking and can just bring itself out of standby to ready the alarm.
i cant find MWeston's post for the life of me though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back