Pda Applications For Pandora?

ShyGuy

Always thinking of new ways I'll be able to use my Pandora, so I thought I'd see what you guys thought about this. Any full-featured organizer/PDA software out there that you guys know of?

Osmo looks good. I saw it earlier, but wasn't sure if there was something better out there. Apparently it compiles great for Maemo, so it shouldn't be hard to make it work on Pandora.

ShyGuy said:
Osmo looks good. I saw it earlier, but wasn't sure if there was something better out there. Apparently it compiles great for Maemo, so it shouldn't be hard to make it work on Pandora.

The angstrom distribution provide what you are looking for :
- GPE
- opie
- openmoko

I'd love to see qtextended running. And hopefully this will arrive sooner than later because it's running on ARM and it's open-source.

There is also maemo which provide some PIM apps and some applications.

So you should not worry too much about this :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive my lack on knowledge in this area, but is there any of these PIMS that will sync with Small Business Server 2003 (or 2008) or just sync with MS Outlook 2007 at desktop level. Like most (if not all) mobile phones do? Thanks

Middo said:
Forgive my lack on knowledge in this area, but is there any of these PIMS that will sync with Small Business Server 2003 (or 2008) or just sync with MS Outlook 2007 at desktop level. Like most (if not all) mobile phones do? Thanks
Pimlico's dates/contacts/tasks can sync with SMB.

I'm curious if any of these PDA applications support syncing from GCal. I'm going to have Outlook soon as well, but right now GCal is where most of my stuff is stored. Also some contact syncing would be rather cool as well, but is definitely secondary.

The closest I can think of is using a ported Mozilla Lightning with GCal plugin, but I'm not sure how well that handles being offline most of the time and re-syncing when it gets back online.

Locri Epizephyrii said:
I'm curious if any of these PDA applications support syncing from GCal. I'm going to have Outlook soon as well, but right now GCal is where most of my stuff is stored. Also some contact syncing would be rather cool as well, but is definitely secondary.

The closest I can think of is using a ported Mozilla Lightning with GCal plugin, but I'm not sure how well that handles being offline most of the time and re-syncing when it gets back online.
By Gcal, do you mean Google Calendar? Because if you do, then I bet there is/will be probably some apps that can sync with it for the Android OS that we could probably port over.

-God Ginrai

A quick google search brought up references to the GPE calendar app syncing to Google Calendar. In fact, one reference was using Google calendar as a conduit to sync with Outlook. Basically Outlook->Google Cal->GPE...

So using those keywords on google, should dredge up some decent information...

God Ginrai said:
By Gcal, do you mean Google Calendar? Because if you do, then I bet there is/will be probably some apps that can sync with it for the Android OS that we could probably port over.
Correct. I have a G1 phone, and it syncs with Google calendar / contacts perfectly. Google is big on supplying APIs so that programmers can integrate Google services into their programs. Here is the info on syncing with Calendar, and here is the page for Contacts.

I try to avoid syncing as much as possible due to mistakes that can be made without the user noticing. I might write up something "quick" (har har har) that skips the Javascript mess on calendar.google.com and instead present a nice, fast, clean interface that's read-only offline as well.

Back