What software are we still missing on Pandora? (A Wish List)

Is there an app to play audiobooks with? 

On Android I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amblingbooks.bookplayerpro&hl=en

Good thing is it remembers the position you were, even if you switch of the phone. And you can dump in all the lose mp3 files of a book and it will put it in the correct order and make it into one file. Especially the remembering of the position is the killer feature with audiobooks.

Is there an app to play audiobooks with? 

On Android I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amblingbooks.bookplayerpro&hl=en

Good thing is it remembers the position you were, even if you switch of the phone. And you can dump in all the lose mp3 files of a book and it will put it in the correct order and make it into one file. Especially the remembering of the position is the killer feature with audiobooks.
Have you tried DeaDBeeF? I am quite sure it can work pretty well for your need. Just create a playlist with the mp3s of the audio book and it will play them and remember the position when quiting...

Last edited by a moderator:
We are missing a lot of synthesizer/audio-hacking music, but the collection does indeed continue to grow ..

Good thing is it remembers the position you were,
Next to DeadBeef, try Rockbox. It also remembers where you are on exit. (use the "select" key to exit)

And VLC has Control+B for multiple bookmarks...

Anyone fancy porting Yabause with the GL renderer/linuxbochs's GL shim?

It occurs to me that with Ari64's dynarec you can get almost playable speed but some CPU time is being taken for software rendering - GL would free up more of the CPU time to actually emulating.

Note: I did give this a quick go using the Codeblocks/dev PND but I'm not sure what's wrong (I got a compiled QT app but it doesn't display anything. I believe it's trying to compile for GLES directly but honestly I'm not sure... Someone more comfortable would probably get it running in no time.)

Anyone fancy porting Yabause with the GL renderer/linuxbochs's GL shim?

It occurs to me that with Ari64's dynarec you can get almost playable speed but some CPU time is being taken for software rendering - GL would free up more of the CPU time to actually emulating.

Note: I did give this a quick go using the Codeblocks/dev PND but I'm not sure what's wrong (I got a compiled QT app but it doesn't display anything. I believe it's trying to compile for GLES directly but honestly I'm not sure... Someone more comfortable would probably get it running in no time.)
The QT in codeblocks is compiled with GLES2 context. This won't be compatible with glshim using GLES1. 

The Saturn.emu is probably a better starting point?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back