What Software Do People Want?

xafier

Website
www.xafiers-home.com
I was wondering what sort of applications people would be wanting on their Pandora aside from the usual emulators, which we all know we want to be able to emulate everything under the sun!

I'm currently contemplating what to develop for the Pandora but I'd like to see what other people would want as I'd much rather concentrate on something that's useful for the whole community.

I was thinking something along the lines of a contacts organizer would be rather handy (for me personally) preferably with the ability to sync with Outlook (or linux equivalent?), I guess along with that would expand into organizer functionality, tasks list etc... the kind of functionality you get on a PDA really...

But I'm open to suggestions :)

By day I'm a lowly C++ developer working on fancy 64bit capable multi-threaded medical analysis software. <_<

xafier said:
I was wondering what sort of applications people would be wanting on their Pandora aside from the usual emulators, which we all know we want to be able to emulate everything under the sun!

I'm currently contemplating what to develop for the Pandora but I'd like to see what other people would want as I'd much rather concentrate on something that's useful for the whole community.

I was thinking something along the lines of a contacts organizer would be rather handy (for me personally) preferably with the ability to sync with Outlook (or linux equivalent?), I guess along with that would expand into organizer functionality, tasks list etc... the kind of functionality you get on a PDA really...

But I'm open to suggestions :)

By day I'm a lowly C++ developer working on fancy 64bit capable multi-threaded medical analysis software. <_<
I'd like a Comics reader, similar to CDisplay, if that would be possible.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
What I would like:

MSN Client
Calculator
Music Player
Video Player
BitTorrent Client
Paint
Notepad
Flash (In Web Browser)?
Java (In Web Browser)?
C++ IDE

Thats just a quick list before I go to bed.

TheMagnitude said:
What I would like:

MSN Client
Calculator
Music Player
Video Player
BitTorrent Client
Paint
Notepad
Flash (In Web Browser)?
Java (In Web Browser)?
C++ IDE

Thats just a quick list before I go to bed.
I think I could write a calculator in a day :lol: The good thing is, if people list the things they want then at least other developers can view this thread and get an idea of what people want (and Craig too)

I think a calculator would be handy too, thats another thing I used to use on my PDA (I've just got rid of my PDA for a regular phone)

Speaking of a calculator, how about a simple graphing calculator or even a TI graphing calculator emulator? There are some good open source ones is the only reason I mention it...

Text editor
PDF viewer
Image viewer
Office docs viewer
rtf editor
RSS reader
Podcatcher
media player
Scribble/drawing/note taker (for the touch screen)
simple image editor (rotate, crop, enhance colors)
Adblock, embedded video downloader, flash - in the browser
voice recorder / mini-editor (cut, copy, and paste, and maybe adjust volume)
Comic reader
ebook reader
Sudoku.

If you do the calculator - "paper feed" or being able to go back and see the calculations you just did would be a good thing to have - as would higher math functions (think scientific calculator).

Thanks for asking! :)

SIAG Office
LyX (with [***]TeX and a DVI or PDF viewer)
FBreader (not something else -- FBreader, period. It's the best)
An artist oriented paint program (something along the lines of ArtRage2)

That's about it; I'm not greedy. :)

-God Ginrai

i dont mind to make 1 when i will get a pandora if i have time and none wone else has make one
i have one on my hard drive which i can port in few hours

-God Ginrai

+1 to that!

p B)

I think before people start working on a comics reader that we need an ebook reader made for it.... a port of FBreader (which already runs on the n800) would be awesome... of course I could be biased since that's what my n800 is used for 99% of the time.

jhoff80 said:
I think before people start working on a comics reader that we need an ebook reader made for it....
I think people can make what they want in whatever order they want. :p

The following have been discussed in other threads, but I'll quickly list them again.

- MIDI sequencer
- Synth
- FX rack (for guitar or anything)
- MP3 mixing software

Crucial to all of this would be USB drivers for sound cards & MIDI controllers.

jhoff80 said:
I think before people start working on a comics reader that we need an ebook reader made for it.... a port of FBreader (which already runs on the n800) would be awesome... of course I could be biased since that's what my n800 is used for 99% of the time.
Yea, we're on opposite ends of the spectrum, you read ebooks all the time, and I read manga all the time. ;)

-God Ginrai

I'd most like an ebook reader with an easy-to-read font and support for Cyrillic characters (for my Russian-language ebooks). And PDF support.

Second on my list would probably be a good video player, like mplayer.

EDIT: I also like Xmoon's suggestions.

I assume that some applications are already being secretly readied for launch, though? That's why I didn't mention things like "email client", etc.

If support for USB DVD Drives are good then I want a good DVD/CD Writing Application with Lightscribe support.

Also

-Decent Anti-Virus Software
-Address Book Software
-Alarm Clock Program
-Basic Voice recording program that could be started within a few seconds

Back