What software do we want from the Rebirth Competition?

I doubt Streak is going to setup a repo implementation anytime soon though... :rolleyes:

I'd like to see a online game table for card games like Magic The Gathering

Also a polished tower defense game would be awesome. Maybe a plants vs zombies clone?

I want this:

Deep powersaving state using the third position of the power switch

Postion 1) normal/on

Postion 2) standyby

Postion 3) deep powersaving, either total shutdown? Maybe turn off everything but the kernel and saving the desktop state to the sd? ( can you do that) Or just better power mangement than we have, I know Wizardstan and a few others are already working very hard on this :) thanks guys
Position 3 is supposed to be the hold switch...

I want this:

Postion 1) normal/on

Postion 2) standyby

Postion 3) deep powersaving, either total shutdown? Maybe turn off everything but the kernel and saving the desktop state to the sd? ( can you do that) Or just better power mangement than we have, I know Wizardstan and a few others are already working very hard on this :) thanks guys
but why shouldn't it be deep powersaving?

The repo spec is open, isn't it? Anyone can setup a server which adheres to the spec and in theory the clients could be augmented to support multiple repositories.
It is indeed! And PNDstore, libmilky, and the in-progress libpndman all support reading from multiple repositories. So if StreaK generated a repository file, users could browse his PNDs alongside everything in milkshake's repo. It's not that hard to generate a repository; I created something that crawls the old app store and generates a repository file for it. StreaK, I would recommend that approach rather than a new package manager (though I'm sure a repo-based package manager that works better than PNDstore would be popular).

I want this:

Postion 1) normal/on

Postion 2) standyby

Because that powersave mode we already have should just be improved, and the hold switch should work as a hold switch for media software...

As long as its configurable. I could image someone never wanting to use the shoulder buttons when their Pandora a was it in their pocket (so lid close could be linked to 'hold')

But wanting the choice between:

• slow wake & low power
  • fast wake & high power

I want this:

Postion 1) normal/on

Postion 2) standyby

Because that powersave mode we already have should just be improved, and the hold switch should work as a hold switch for media software...
Sorry my fault man I forgot to bold the I in my post. ;)

Someone should write something that would allow you to use the touchscreen for games that would require a light gun or super scope or what have you. I think this would be really cool feature and to my knowledge has never been done with a hand held before.

Did anyone try mednafen on the Pandora? I think it is available and I've tried it on a computer, and I could use the mouse like a Nintendo Zapper in games like Duck Hunt. Of course for such a game it makes it very easy, imagine with a touchscreen. I doubt mednafen on the Pandora could not do the same as on a computer.

I'd like to see a online game table for card games like Magic The Gathering
Also a polished tower defense game would be awesome. Maybe a plants vs zombies clone?

+1

I would really like magic the gathering on pandora. So i dont wan to see wagic or shadow era :) I want the real deal ^^

I would like to see n64 get improved.

I would REALLY REALLY like to see updated version [new ideas / new turels / new enemies ] of GP2X's game of the century - SqDef.

I dont mind if it will be even released as commercial game for Pandora. I will buy, thats for sure..

I'd love to see an image which can easily be coppied to an SD card that would allow the Pandora to boot into multiple OS's as per this thread if someone could pull this off then I reckon it would win a few votes as well as a fairly substantial bounty.

My initial thought was that this would not be too difficult to achieve on Pandora, as it works fine on very similar hardware (beagleboard), though the lack of progress, despite the offer of a generous bounty, makes me think otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next suggestions:

• Dune Legacy

According to their wiki,requirements are:

gcc or any other standard compliant C++ compiler
    autotools
    SDL 1.2
    SDL-mixer
    StreaK tried it, but seemed to have lost intrest after getting stuck with a segmentation fault
  • Enhanced Mass storage mode

- option to provide both SD-Cards and if possible the nand as mass storage via usb simultaniously
    - option to choose the storage profile (mass storage / disc-drive / removable media)
  • Polished up Zodengine Port
    a real dealbreaker would be, if the multiplayer mode could be pimped to suit some pandora vs pandora play
    see also here

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't have a really good Tower Defence game for Pandora.

Wouldn't it be nice if we'd have one?

(Maybe 3D)

We don't have a really good Tower Defence game for Pandora.

Wouldn't it be nice if we'd have one?

(Maybe 3D)

I think 2D with good artwork beats 3D with too few polygons. Especially for puzzle&strategy games.

Back