What do you Think of the Competition so Far?

I am sad that besides from starting the competition it has not gotten any coverage from the creator(s) (or any other person) whatsoever.

That means only people who are registered to this forum and are regularly browsing it will potentially know this is happening and will be there to vote. (Hopefully voting will not end as atrocious as last time)

The development threads got some decent attention, but only by a handful of people posting in every thread basically (a huge thanks to those guys, as a developer myself I know how important every comment and feedback on ones work is).

Sure the end result will be "fantastic": new software for the Pandora, but in my eyes a competition should not just be about the products, it should involve the community as much as possible and generate as much attention as possible, too (even outside the bounds of this forum).

This is not to blame ED, he has enough on his shoulders as is, but as Ziz mentioned, this could have been planned better. There could have been an appeal to find people doing this job, conducting interviews, writing overviews of the entries, "screenshot of the day" and stuff like that. Basically what Uni did for the RIOT competition (http://www.riotdigital.com/ttcc2011/?page=Blog).

I did some coverage for Rebirth, but sadly could not find the time to do the same for this event (heck I did not even post in most development threads although I skimmed over most of them).
Any volunteers to be a "compo reporter"? This would be a good way to contribute if you're not a coder. It is very encouraging for devs to have other people talking about their creations, writing reviews, making screenshots or videos, etc.

I am sad that besides from starting the competition it has not gotten any coverage from the creator(s) (or any other person) whatsoever.

That means only people who are registered to this forum and are regularly browsing it will potentially know this is happening and will be there to vote. (Hopefully voting will not end as atrocious as last time)

The development threads got some decent attention, but only by a handful of people posting in every thread basically (a huge thanks to those guys, as a developer myself I know how important every comment and feedback on ones work is).

Sure the end result will be "fantastic": new software for the Pandora, but in my eyes a competition should not just be about the products, it should involve the community as much as possible and generate as much attention as possible, too (even outside the bounds of this forum).

This is not to blame ED, he has enough on his shoulders as is, but as Ziz mentioned, this could have been planned better. There could have been an appeal to find people doing this job, conducting interviews, writing overviews of the entries, "screenshot of the day" and stuff like that. Basically what Uni did for the RIOT competition (http://www.riotdigital.com/ttcc2011/?page=Blog).

I did some coverage for Rebirth, but sadly could not find the time to do the same for this event (heck I did not even post in most development threads although I skimmed over most of them).
Any volunteers to be a "compo reporter"? This would be a good way to contribute if you're not a coder. It is very encouraging for devs to have other people talking about their creations, writing reviews, making screenshots or videos, etc.
IngoReis would be a good candidate for the videos :)

good idea, +1

Back